Ellsworth

Jesse Glover

Rate this Entry
Jesse Glover,

Did not mirror the emotion,

But he sure mirrored the motion.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jesse Glover eye attack.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	4590  

Submit "Jesse Glover" to Facebook Submit "Jesse Glover" to Twitter Submit "Jesse Glover" to del.icio.us Submit "Jesse Glover" to StumbleUpon Submit "Jesse Glover" to Digg Submit "Jesse Glover" to Google

Updated 10-22-2024 at 09:58 AM by Ellsworth (No warm up, 2 edits spaced 4 months apart)

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

There is a video of Jesse that I have watched more than once.

A video that I have thought deeply about, because I found one phrase disturbing.

The context is that Jesse majored in Psychology.
    And when he studied the field, the field had not seriously begun to study domestic violence.
    And had not recognized the most commonly uttered excuses, as an expression of disease.

Trigger warning regarding the link for those with PTSD, especially surrounding domestic violence and rape.

https://youtu.be/5rwLuF13OJk?t=43

It's the phrase, it's the blame, it's the shifting of fault between two agents.
    And for a person above a certain age, it's not the same loaded phrase of today's age.

So, consider my words not as judgment about/towards Jesse, but rather consider my words as pointing out a potential multi-layered lesson.

What's fair in a fight, isn't fair in a fight.

The easiest way to a (typically temporary) false feeling of total absolution is to simply self assess all fault upon the other.

That way, is seldom a solution.
    That way seldom leads to positive mental growth or a positive experience.
    That way generally sinks relationships.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

If you feel you are in an abusive relationship, then there are resources (both national and local) to help you find a safe path to a new future.
    May you have the strength and courage to take a new path.

National Domestic Violence Hotline
    https://www.thehotline.org/

Contact options:

PO Box 90249
    Austin, Texas 78709

1-800-799-7233 (1-800-799-SAFE)
    Or text "Start" to 88788

Chat support available on their website.

Here is a reprint of their website notice:

"Security Alert

Internet usage can be monitored and is impossible to erase completely. If you’re concerned your internet usage might be monitored, call us at 800.799.SAFE (7233). Learn more about digital security and remember to clear your browser history after visiting this website."
    Updated 10-22-2024 at 06:38 PM by Ellsworth (Lots of pre-thought, no warm up, approx 12 edits)