Page 252 of 304 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3039

Thread: Introduce yourself

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Welcome aboard Scott and Gking! Where do you two live?
    Hello, loghousenut. I'm in Kitsap county, about 20 miles north and west of Seattle, just across the Puget Sound.

LHBA Member
    So, where is that northern California acreage?
    Humboldt County

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gkingfisher View Post
    Humboldt County
    Some of the last open green beauty found in CA. Look forward to watching/helping your journey. By the way, they won't lower your class grade because you already bought your land or because you're from CA.

Welcome aboard.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    Hey Dude!

Don't worry. They're multiple every year. You won't miss anything. Well, until after the weekend. Then you'll know some of what you didn't know, get it?
    Thanks! Look forward to knowing what I didn't know I was missing!

Yo Dude!
    I, loghousenut, winner of the coveted Golden Wooly Poodle Award, wish to unofficially welcome you to the forum. Class happens irregularly several times each year and you're gonna love it. You probably won't learn any new skills, but I'd bet you will unhinged the part of your bran that has doubts about your abilities.

You can build your own log home with your own hands. LHBA can unlock it in you.
    Thanks for the unofficial welcome hehe, am excited to hop into one of them, hopefully in the upcoming 2016 year.

Are the 'member forums' more active than the open forums? Also, why is there such secrecy behind this method? I find it strange they don't sell books, DVDs, or things of the sort with the information. Why must you attend the class in Vegas? If it's just a classroom setting, it's not like the information is anything that couldn't be taught via DVD or read in a book, minus the Q and A's, but there is the forum for that. Please don't think I'm knocking the organization in any way, it sounds completely awesome and I totally want to take the class, I just don't understand why there seems to be a veil of secrecy that you can only pass through by taking the class. Can anyone explain? Thanks in advance!

LHBA Member

Thanks for the welcome. This is our building site. Septic is already in. Will be off the grid with solar, possible seasonal hydro, still have to log wind speeds for possible wind power. Masonary heater, etc etc.

LHBA Member
    Well..posted picture from flickr account...maybe I did it wrong?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureDude View Post
    Are the 'member forums' more active than the open forums? Also, why is there such secrecy behind this method? I find it strange they don't sell books, DVDs, or things of the sort with the information. Why must you attend the class in Vegas? If it's just a classroom setting, it's not like the information is anything that couldn't be taught via DVD or read in a book, minus the Q and A's, but there is the forum for that. Please don't think I'm knocking the organization in any way, it sounds completely awesome and I totally want to take the class, I just don't understand why there seems to be a veil of secrecy that you can only pass through by taking the class. Can anyone explain? Thanks in advance!
    Dude,

A couple of things. The class is the starting line. You get your briefing and that starts you on the path. There is no way to provide all the info during a 2 day class. But that is where you meet our leaders and where you become part of the family.

The Member Only section is where the details are. Kind of like a book of knowledge but more like an interactive one. There is someone (or plenty of someones) that will deal in more of the details. We really teach and help each other. There are so many variables that it is easier to get the correct info interactively.

Does that help? There is a Class Workbook you get. But without Steve and E teaching the class and answering many, many questions (save them for Sunday).

It's been successful for more years than I know and it's morphed into what it is today. At one time, the class was taught (as I'm told) helping to build a log home. A hands on affair. But that had many limits and what we have today is something special.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

Quote Originally Posted by edkemper View Post
    Dude,

A couple of things. The class is the starting line. You get your briefing and that starts you on the path. There is no way to provide all the info during a 2 day class. But that is where you meet our leaders and where you become part of the family.

The Member Only section is where the details are. Kind of like a book of knowledge but more like an interactive one. There is someone (or plenty of someones) that will deal in more of the details. We really teach and help each other. There are so many variables that it is easier to get the correct info interactively.

Does that help? There is a Class Workbook you get. But without Steve and E teaching the class and answering many, many questions (save them for Sunday).

It's been successful for more years than I know and it's morphed into what it is today. At one time, the class was taught (as I'm told) helping to build a log home. A hands on affair. But that had many limits and what we have today is something special.
    That does make sense. It seemed that two days was a bit short for such a massive amount of information, but makes sense that the class would be the 'intro' and the forums the details. Thanks for the reply! #TwoThumbsUp