Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Log longevity while building

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
    I live in northern mn, I don't think they will rot necessarily, more worried about about dis coloring, mold, can I get them to look new again after I get done ?
    Yes you can. Check my photos from when i started sanding until the finished product. It's a bit if work though...
    Oh, and winter cut logs that are peeled before the summer heat gets bad will be WAAY less likely to sap stain.

Timberwolf,

How do I look at your pics, new here and can't figure it out?

Not sure if the Tapatalk app includes my signature file.

Here's is a link.

Https://Picasaweb.google.com/parent.jason

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Why is it so darned easy to post twice on this rascal forum and so hard to get rid of the double post?
    When the servers are running slowly due to load, either on this site or because the hosting has other sites with more traffic, once you click submit if nothing happens, then the temptation to click submit again is very strong... if it keeps rolling try clicking the red X and stop the process, then click submit again once!

With a higher than normal server load, it's often better to either open a couple of browsers, or one browser with multiple tabs, then when you post on one thread, go to a different tab and use that other tab to post your next answer, the other will churn on in the background while you work at the new post.

Just a couple of the more common methods for reducing double posts.

Blog Entries
    And all this time I thunked it was my poor memory just forgetting to remind me that I'd already pushed the button.

I don't get it. I know I'm not completely senile... I never start the chainsaw when it's already running. I think the real solution would be to have sound effects connected to the starter button on this thing.

Just curious as to why you think it will take that long to get your logs under a roof...

Many LHBA members report stacking big logs at a rate of less than one an hour. On a good day I stacked my smaller logs 1 log/45 minutes--just me an my little crane. Over in the members section one member just put a roof on a huge 40x40 in five days.

Codeman your right thats the way I would do it to. Save the logs from sitting around for a full year. Big pines in northern Minnesota is not to hard to find. Your build will be fine. If you would like to see a building in Ely, MN send a note.

Codeman your right thats the way I would do it to. Save the logs from sitting around for a full year. Big pines in northern Minnesota is not to hard to find. Your build will be fine. If you would like to see a building in Ely, MN send a note.