mudflap

The Chinking Post

Rate this Entry
https://loghomejourney.wordpress.com...chinking-post/

I used the calculator at the permachink website - my average gap is about 4", and about 2" deep x 40 foot long walls x 20 feet tall (15 lines of chink x 2 (inside / outside)) x 4 walls is how they figured it = $14,000 for their stuff. Traditional mortar chink = 1 wall takes about a bag of portland cement ($18), 4 bags of lime ($4 each), and probably 1/2 ton of sand ($23). So 1 wall, outside only: 18 + 16 + 23 = $57 x 8 walls = $456.

Submit "The Chinking Post" to Facebook Submit "The Chinking Post" to Twitter Submit "The Chinking Post" to del.icio.us Submit "The Chinking Post" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Chinking Post" to Digg Submit "The Chinking Post" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I spun the dice and posted the video my wife made of me chinking - to a facebook group. Oops. Now I'm arguing with this doofus about synthetic vs natural chinking. He's claiming I'm "self-serving" because....? I don't know why he thinks I'm self-serving - I don't own a sand factory or anything, I promise. Him, on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by mudflap
    I spun the dice and posted the video my wife made of me chinking - to a facebook group. Oops. Now I'm arguing with this doofus about synthetic vs natural chinking. He's claiming I'm "self-serving" because....? I don't know why he thinks I'm self-serving - I don't own a sand factory or anything, I promise. Him, on the other hand....

I love how he misspells "completely" when he says you are "completly wrong".
    people are so weird. entrenched in their thinking. hard to open a closed mind.