All Blog Entries

1. Our current house and trees...

by , 03-14-2013 at 05:56 AM (Nothing Worthwhile is Easy)
    After the sale of our current home, 'Big Business' is willing to have us stay as renters for a discounted rate.
    In the back of the property of the house we are selling, there are about 150 white pines and norway spruces (sized between 8" diameter and 16" diameter at chest height). As part of the sale of the property, we were trying to work in "Timber Rights" but it looks like they are not going to OK that in the deal. To make it up to us they are looking at lowering our ...

Updated 07-30-2013 at 11:05 AM by Kara

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. We start here...

by , 03-14-2013 at 04:40 AM (Nothing Worthwhile is Easy)
    This may be the biggest project we will ever tackle together. We aren't builders. We don't know any builders. Most of our friends and family don't believe we can do it. If they took the class they might think differently. The class was packed with valuable info and the members forum is priceless!

Just 5 months ago, we had no thought of moving from our current home. Big Business behind us is buying up the houses on our street at "fair market" prices. Not ripping us off/ no ...

Updated 07-30-2013 at 11:10 AM by Kara

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. summary of 2012 building season

its cold and snowy and we're happily in the middle of 'resting season'! here's a review of what we got done during the past building season.

on the garage we
    cleaned the logs, borated them and stained them
    -we used Outlast Q8 (medium gold) for the outside and LOVE it!
    got the log walls insulated and the outside chinked
    put up the loft floor joists and plywood
    bucked the 3 large door openings and put all 3 garage doors up
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Best Christmas Ever... Next Day

December 26, 2011...

Many thanks to those of you who read my recent family trivia post and sent your wellwishes. Throughout this ordeal I have sought no council. I have great confidence in our own inner strength and innate instincts. We know what's right and wrong and we should follow our nose.

My best friends have no idea what has been going on for the most part. I suppose that would indicate that my "normal" activities are abnormal enough that suspicions ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Block & Tackle - Need some direction here

Quote Originally Posted by Silent runner View Post
    Mario, just wondering what type of rope, blocks etc you ended up using? I just finished taking the class in November 2012, bought land, bought the plans and now looking for appropriate blocks. Sort of in the same spot you were in a while back. Those blocks are hard to find. Where did you find yours?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast