PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice

B in NOLA
07-15-2005, 12:42 AM
Howdy, from the Deep South!

As I stumbled onto the Log Home Builder's Association website very recently, I don't have any "credentials" to speak of. I'm just a free thinker who likes what he's read so far -- especially Skip's thoughts on things. Consequently, I'm also considering the builders course coming in September of '05.

As we're currently looking for land in Western Mass -- where most of my wife's family lives -- I'd appreciate any thoughts from those with knowledge about this area. Specifically, I'd love to read any thoughts anyone has on whether or not "government restrictions" would prevent us from building our own log home there.

After reading Skip's words, I'm assuming there are those among us who are "hard core" about our right to realize the real American Dream -- building your own home with your own hands! Anyway, I was very happy to discover a website for free thinking folks, and I'm also very glad to find a forum for them as well :D

Any words of wisdom I could get from the tree experts out there -- especially as it pertains to the logs available in Western Mass -- would be greatly appreciated as well. Perhaps some of the New England sawyers would be willing to write as well?

Have a great night,
B in NOLA