PDA

View Full Version : Vegas

bacdocval
02-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Hello everybody,

I'm taking off for Vegas tomorrow and SOOOO excited for the class( I know it's a little early, but I'll spend some down time before the class). Actually, I've been daydreaming about the class and log homes so much, I haven't been able to get any work done for about two weeks, so I might as well go early. Just wanted to say Hi, and I'm looking forward to meeting everybody. I'm out in Western Nebraska, very close to the Colorado and Wyoming borders. So if there's anyone out this way, I would love to hear from you. For all of you going; good for you and I'll see you in a few days.

2 cents
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
have fun! :)

loghousenut
02-09-2010, 01:59 PM
The class is all about stuff that's REAL. Glad you made it.

Shark
02-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Have fun, see you on the members side :)

ramblinman502
02-09-2010, 06:26 PM
if you have time the cirque du soliel shows are cool!

ragdump
02-09-2010, 06:54 PM
if you have time the cirque du soliel shows are cool!
Ragdump
Or if you want to see funny and the most entertaining show go see Terry Fator at the Mirage

wifeyandhubs
02-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Glad to report the international contingent has arrived in Vegas too, hubs came out a couple of weeks ago from Canada and I flew in from the UK on Tuesday, 15 1/2 hour flight-ouch!!
Hopefully should have got my brain back working by the weekend, if not I'll just blame the jet lag ;)

panderson03
02-11-2010, 09:38 AM
WOW now that's determination and the ability to carry out a plan. JUST what a LHBA log home builder needs!
welcome to the family:) see you on the members side!

spirochete
02-11-2010, 06:55 PM
I can't wait either. Coming in from the Boston area. Will be the second time I'm taking the class!

Jbon
02-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Need help my flight to Vegas just got canceled,I am in South Carolina ,I am on hold with Delta at this Moment,open for ideas

spirochete
02-12-2010, 04:28 AM
Yikes. I am a bit afraid of that myself. Are you flying through Dallas? I'm flying through Reagan in DC.

Jbon
02-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Spirochete,we were first flying through Atlanta on Fri,then that was changed to Detroit,but that was on Sat .I would not be in Vegas till 7:30 pm Sat. Had to cancel,that realy hurt,been looking forward to this class for a long time.Even had my better half going.Maybe next time

panderson03
02-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Spirochete,we were first flying through Atlanta on Fri,then that was changed to Detroit,but that was on Sat .I would not be in Vegas till 7:30 pm Sat. Had to cancel,that realy hurt,been looking forward to this class for a long time.Even had my better half going.Maybe next time

THAT's AWFUL!!

RockEngineer
02-13-2010, 08:21 AM
That is a real bummer. You get so excited about attending this great class and wham!! Don't let it get you down and keep trying. I'm sure Ellsworth and Steve will do everything they can to help you get to the next class. I hope the airline gives you full credit for your tickets.

Ellsworth
02-13-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry you guys missed the Vegas class.

We're chalking this whole Snowmageddon thing up to a bizarre act of God.? We totally understand this was beyond anyone's control, so we're waiving all our normal cancellation fees.? And people who missed this class due to the weather are on a priority list for the next class, so you'll for sure have a spot.

Stay safe and warm.? I look forward to seeing you all, hopfully sometime soon.

wenzel_777
02-15-2010, 07:15 AM
I was unable to make the last class in Vegas. Dying to know...how was it? Please, allow me to live vicariously through you until the next class opens up : ) Who wants to share!

wifeyandhubs
02-15-2010, 07:43 AM
Well wenzel it was definitely worth the round trip from England, "intensive" doesn't even begin to describe it!
Both of our brains are in total overload but I think it's the kind of thing that, on re-reading, will all easily make sense again as it's all pretty logical and straightforward.

Great instructors, just a bit concerned that I too may end up with no hair at the end of construction ;)

mikerich4
02-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Well, the wife and I just got back to Texas and we are worn out. Very good bunch attending and very good instruction. Boy, did we ask too many questions?!! LOL The drive home from the airport mainly consisted of admiring long, straight pines and brainstorming. Needless to say, we are excited. Can't wait to get on the members' side.

LasVegasSparky
02-15-2010, 07:31 PM
It was great meeting you two. I'm the electrician that had lunch with you. I'll talk to you on the members board.

Ron

LasVegasSparky
02-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I forgot that I had that goofy pic for my profile.

goofnoff2
02-15-2010, 11:15 PM
That vegas class was awesome. One full day after and I think I might have to go back to glean more from the class. As a member can we go back to those classes to help remember some of the things we may need?

panderson03
02-16-2010, 06:24 AM
yeah you can go back and pick up all the details you missed but you have to pay again. before you decide that you need to go again. take a month or two to read all the great info on the members side. and if you still have questions you didn't find answers too, you can always ask:) chances are really good that someone else was wondering that same thing too.

welcome to the family, you all:)

2 cents
02-16-2010, 08:14 AM
keep reading and participate in discussions on the member's side.
it keeps your memory fresh with the stuff you learned, and also adds even more insight.

Mountain-Hopper
02-16-2010, 09:02 PM
The class was great! It was great meeting you all, and I hope that all of you that got stuck in the Eastern Blizzard of the century will be able to attend another class soon. All the best!