PDA

View Full Version : class info

goddi69
01-28-2010, 07:21 PM
just a general question about when i should be receiving my class information for the upcoming class in vegas . any and all help will be appreciated im getting ancy

panderson03
01-29-2010, 05:31 AM
Hi there. congratulations on investing in the class. we never regretted it for a minute.

unusually if the website allows you to pay for the class, you're in. I do not believe any materials are sent ahead of time (we certainly did not receive any). you'll obtain all materials on the first day of class (I'd suggest bringing a couple of pens and some paper for taking notes though:))

if you are concerned that you may not be registered for the class, just email the instructors at info@loghomebuilders.org and they'll be able to tell you if you're in!

welcome. see you on the members side:)

spirochete
01-31-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm in the class for Valentine's Day, too. I took the class about 6-7 years ago and have been dreaming every since.

Anyway, does anyone know a place online where I can start looking at floor plans, etc. from those who have taken the class?

ChainsawGrandpa
01-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Don't worry about buying plans. Whatever you buy won't be what you want after you have taken the class. The association offers plans, and they have been fine tuned to give you the most bang for the buck, and be easy, as well as practical to build. Building a proper log home, (not a lathe- turned pole kit) is different than a stick-framed house...a whole lot different. What you need is to buy or design real log home plans, not an adaptation of a light - weight construction design.

I came from a construction background, and the hardest part was to unlearn all the things I was taught that are;
too hard
too time consuming
too expensive
just not relevant

So many questions, but 99% of them will be answered in the class.

G'pa

spirochete
02-03-2010, 06:51 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows how much time we'll have for lunch during the Valentine's day class? A friend is coming with me and she wants to make an excursion during lunch (1.5 hours) so we're trying to plan.

panderson03
02-03-2010, 07:15 AM
our class was in Washington. not sure how our experience translates to the Vegas one. for us, lunch was provided on site. we had about 45min-1 hour to eat, chat, network and then got back to class.

having said that, there were always folks coming and going from the class; some came late, others left early, still others came back late from lunch.

I think the late arrivals got razzed a bit but not much. If you go to the class with a partner and they take notes for you, I don't really see where there's a problem.

having said that, my husband and I were in class for every second of the instruction.. afraid to miss something important:) LOL!

they sure do cram a lot of vital information into the class:)

Maybe someone who attended the other Vegas class can give specifics on their schedule.

have fun!! see you on the members side:)

Tom Featherstone
02-03-2010, 07:21 AM
Seize the moment! Is my suggestion! You'll wish you'd spent more time with your LHBA brothern when you'd had the opportunity to. Most member's now, wouldn't miss a moment, if they could do it all over again. Did I say Welcome! We'll see you in the Member's section soon!

Sincerely,
Tom

Cbear429
02-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Update:
We now have the funds and been planning a trip to the State of Washington. Well, the waiting for a class in our area is over. We did moved from Long Island, NY to Maryland so now it's an additional 5 hours drive to Boston, MA and will be making reservations today. Well worth it.

Thanks LHB for the NE class...

freebird
03-04-2010, 12:59 PM
hey, just purchased my class for two, and booked my hotel stay for the boston mass. class may 29-30th. CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!! rich

ccosborne3
03-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Cool, the more the merrier. See you there.

panderson03
03-07-2010, 10:24 AM
hey, just purchased my class for two, and booked my hotel stay for the boston mass. class may 29-30th. CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!! rich

Does that mean you're taking your spouse? GOOD move!!

freebird
03-11-2010, 11:38 AM
well i figure shes my partner and wants the house as much as i. now she can have more input as to design/layout and know what she talking about instead of me having to explain the dos and donts. two heads are better than one, right?!

dvb
03-12-2010, 06:30 AM
My wife went with me to attend the class and am I glad she did! She has remembered a couple of things along the way that kept me from getting into a mess.