PDA

View Full Version : logs

kevinhaney
12-05-2009, 06:12 AM
anyone know of a good source for logs at a good price in the Bend/ La Pine Oregon area?

loghousenut
12-07-2009, 03:25 AM
I put a want-ad on Craigslist. Got a lot of response. When the time gets close, if you can't find logs in LaPine it'll mean you don't deserve them. They call it LaPine for a reason haha.

kevinhaney
12-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Thanks Brother, I have not started to look yet but should have no trouble only finding a good price and not getting ripped off. Looking at chinking for my plan would cost around 4,000 for permachink so I am looking at going to morter based. My thought is why can't you add shreaded fiberglass and a latex binder to one reduce cracking ( fiberglass ) and increase bind and workability ( latex). These are things we added to flatwork on slabs. Any info or thoughts on that?? Thanks

Roadscholar
12-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Hey loghousenut what kind of quotes are you getting for logs in that area?

Thanks
Roadscholar

loghousenut
12-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey loghousenut what kind of quotes are you getting for logs in that area?

Thanks
Roadscholar

To be completely honest I have never really talked money with anyone about logs. I put an ad on craigslist and ran around looking at 10 or 20 responders logs but the only one who had what I was looking for didn't want money. I thinned his 50 acre parcel for the logs I needed. The only log I paid for was my ridgepole and that was a special case where we both thought we were cheating the other one.

I'm certain that logs will be easy enough to aquire somewhere close to LaPine. Everyone has trees and money is getting tight.

clairenj
12-23-2009, 04:19 AM
Kevinhaney,
some of my family is in Oregon over 30 years. One of my brothers recommends you all check out DP Logging, Dennis Pudwill 542-543-3384. Lebannon Oregon. Say that Ray Ces from Eugene sent you

Roadscholar
12-23-2009, 10:54 AM
thanks

I will look into this and see what I can come up with.
Btw if you happen to know what kind of logs are in the area (fir,lodgepole,etc) and at what tops you can get (12" up to 18") do let me know.

Thanks
Roadscholar