PDA

View Full Version : June Log Home of the Month - Bernie Frizzle

Steve
06-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi all!

Another beautiful Log Home of the Month for June. You can see it here:

http://www.loghomebuilders.org/log-home-pictures-18.htm

The house was built in the 1990's and the current owners have lived there for nearly ten years. Unfortunately I've been told that the builder, Bernie Frizzle, died about a year ago. Sorry we didn't get to give him the award in person.

(Thanks Bernie, for a job well done!)

-Steve

JeffandSara
06-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Hi, Steve--

Another nice Log Home of the Month. It's sure pretty there in that setting, especially on the deck side. I do like the red deck, too. :wink:

Lots of interesting details inside, too. I like the bathtub area in the bathroom pictured.

Shame to hear the builder has passed away. Do you know if this was the only house he built?

Thanks for another fun "virtual tour". :D

Sara

Steve
06-06-2005, 05:06 PM
Thanks Sara!

If I remember correctly, this was Bernie's first house and he built a couple more after this one before he retired. However since he's no longer with us, I can't call him up and find out where the rest are.

I really liked the landscaping on this one - no lawn to mow. ;)

Steve

hawkiye
06-06-2005, 05:19 PM
WOW! Another beautiful log Home! It's just amazing what people can do if they set their mind to it and with a little instruction.

Blayne

Robair
06-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Wow, his first attempt? Bernie was a craftsman!

I really like that roof and the log gable ends, they really turned out nice! That shot showing the matching garage is great.

PS your link to view the real estate listing just brings me back to LHBA main page... :?

Steve
06-06-2005, 07:41 PM
PS your link to view the real estate listing just brings me back to LHBA main page... :?

Oops, good catch... all fixed now. Thanks :)

David C.
06-06-2005, 08:18 PM
That is sure a beautiful house! Thanks for showing it to us. I like looking and dreaming of what can be accomplished if you really want to.

Just a quick question, why is the RPSL two logs?

Thanks again for showing us a great butt and pass log house! :D

David

[edited by moderator, edit reason: picture too big]

Steve
06-06-2005, 09:08 PM
RPSLs should be one log whenever possible simply for ease of construction. I'm not sure why he used two logs, but it could have been that he didn't have enough logs long enough for a single RPSL.

Try to use a single RPSL log when possible. If not? As Skip says: "Build with what you have."

annie
06-07-2005, 09:50 AM
Wow! What a beautiful home!

I've looked at all the homes of the month so far and I think this has to be one of my "favorites."

I don't live too far from there... maybe I'll call up my friend who's an RE agent and go take a look...

NordicPrincess
06-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Oh my goodness, I have to agree with Annie. This is my favorite home of the month so far too. I think it appeals to me so much because it has such a cozy feel to it.
Thanks for sharing Steve.
Shanara

cwylie
06-18-2005, 10:03 PM
javascript:emoticon(':o') This is a superbly crafted home IMHO.
What I appreciate so much is the detail provided by the photos.
Truly a rich home, vibrant color and excellent constrast of colors
inside and out. We would sure like to visit this one.

Best regards,

Philip & Carol Wylie

P/S... will it be Washington State or British Columbia? We are getting closer
month by month

MPeterson1020
01-04-2016, 08:49 AM
I know this is an old thread but does anyone know what size this house was?

Louisiana
01-23-2016, 01:24 AM
Anytime I try to view a link of a picture that is supposed to be on the website i get this: 404 Page not found then a picture of one of the houses on the website and a message below that saying "Home page click here"

So I went and looked to see if I could change any settings to help this and each time I try to change any settings I get a message saying I don't have permission to change any settings. Any help would be appreciated.

Joey

Admin
01-23-2016, 03:06 AM
Anytime I try to view a link of a picture that is supposed to be on the website i get this: 404 Page not found then a picture of one of the houses on the website and a message below that saying "Home page click here"

So I went and looked to see if I could change any settings to help this and each time I try to change any settings I get a message saying I don't have permission to change any settings. Any help would be appreciated.

Our main website has switched domains. You can find the student log homes gallery here:

http://www.buildloghomes.org/log-homes/

River Roy
01-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Hi I just joined. Trying to learn the sight. My wife and I have an acre of property on the Alleghany river north of PGH PA getting ready to build a new log home

donjuedo
01-23-2016, 12:01 PM
PGH PA

... known to the rest of the world as Pittsburgh, PA.

Welcome to the site, Roy!

Peter (from Pittsburgh)

loghousenut
01-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Welcome PGH Pete... If you want to build it yourself and if you want to forego the mortgage, you are at the right place. Read on.

donjuedo
01-23-2016, 05:39 PM
LogHouseNut, it's like you don't even know me anymore. <sniff, sniff>

loghousenut
01-23-2016, 11:16 PM
LogHouseNut, it's like you don't even know me anymore. <sniff, sniff>

I know you just fine, Don... I was talking to Roy, Pete...

Follow along if you can but if you can't, blame Pete.

panderson03
01-26-2016, 12:25 PM
everybody knows that