PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Class

AnneHepp
07-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi, I am a 58 year old lady who has always wanted a log home. Is there any people from Nashville area that would assist with build (after I take course), in exchange for logs? Have property with cedar, poplar and pine. I know I can do a lot of the work but not the heavy work. Should I just forget it, or is there hope for me?:) Appreciate any suggestions.

Shannonbeth
07-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Anne,
Welcome!
I am no where near there but i am pretty sure we have some members that are and would be willing to help you out. Once a person goes to the class and gains access to the member only section there are ads posted in there and people get together and help eachother.
Are you planning on attending the Vegas class?
Maybe someone closer to your area will stop in and say something!
Nice to meet you and NEVER give up on your dream, where there's a will there is always a way!
~Shannon~

Yuhjn
07-20-2009, 04:17 PM
There is hope you for. Take the class and your mind will be filled with many options for how to make this happen.

I will say that an LHBA home is extremely labor intensive. If you are unable to do things like crawling around on a 20' log wall while drilling 1/2 holes every few feet down the length of the log, following by driving hundreds of rebar stakes into those holes, either with a sledge hammer or an electric driving tool of some kind, you'll just need to find another way to get it done.

Family, friends, deals with LHBA members, and paid labor are all options. And there are others as well.

If it is really a dream for you, and you are willing to work very hard for it, it's absolutley possible. Step 1 is take the class.

fossten
07-20-2009, 07:11 PM
After you take the class let us know. I'm three hours away in Louisville, but the possibility of free logs is tempting.

edkemper
07-21-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm a gimpy old man (58) and ride a wheelchair. I will be building mine with my 100 pound 5 ft wife. Trust me, being old and gimpy means we learn to get it done with our limitations. Take the class and your world will open.

Welcome to the family.

StressMan79
07-21-2009, 09:25 PM
will likely change your life, and I'm just guessing here, leave Vegas.

Have a great weekend everyone.

-Peter

rgdula
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Anne, I am just outside Huntsville, AL. I'll be starting my build in a month or two. Call or email me. 256-508-5633

robert.h.gdula@us.army.mil