PDA

View Full Version : Any members built in East Tennessee

preacher jay
05-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Hello everybody!
I am looking for a member that may have built in eastern tennessee. The reason I am asking I am doing research for future plans of attending class and building. When I talked with a loan officer (I do know that it would be better to save the money but doesn't seem doable right know) about the style of log home he told me that an apprasier would have to look at a home if he was unfamiliar with its design. They were familiar with kit cabins but not whole log butt and pass. If know one has built in east tennessee does anybody have any ideas on how they might find what they would be looking for?
thanks any info would help.

JayK
06-08-2009, 09:06 AM
If not Eastern TN, would you accept Western NC? I'm building in Marshall, NC. That's about an hour from the TN/NC border, either from Knoxville, or from Johnson City. Weather permitting, I will begin stacking logs this Saturday. jay_kirk@rocketmail.com is my email.

mbailey
06-09-2009, 08:54 PM
GREETINGS PREACHERJAY,
I LIVE IN KNOXVILLE AND WILL BE BUILDING IN GRAINGER COUNTY AS SOON AS MY HOUSE SELLS. I VISITED A HOME IN TELLICO PLAINS THAT WAS BUILT BY DAVE PARKER (A FELLOW LHBA BUILDER). I TOOK THE CLASS IN APRIL OF 2006 AND HAVE BEEN PLANNING EVER SINCE. WE PLAN ON BUILDING AS WE GO AND AVOIDING DEBT AS WE WILL BE DEBT FREE WHEN AND IF OUR HOME SELLS. I WAS SKEPTICAL ABOUT THE CLASS AT FIRST, BUT LEARN A LOT AND BELIEVE THAT IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH THE COST INVOLVED. I HOPE TO MAKE IT OVER TO NC THIS SUMMER AND HELP JAY WITH HIS HOME.
TAKE CARE,
MARK