PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone help on possible home

eddiejenn
12-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey everyone I am new to this site. I am thinking of building a log home on some land I have in Boone NC. I was approached by someone today and they asked if I wanted to buy there log barn. It is 10in round cedar logs.The barn is complete enclosed except for open doorway, and 2 windows on each side. The building is 30x30 with a tin roof. It has been taken down and labeled. He is asked 1000.00 Would this be a good investment? It has everything to put it back together and has no rot. I think it would be a cheap way to start out. Any ideas?
Thanks Eddie

StressMan79
12-22-2008, 12:44 PM
even if the logs aren't hand peeled or as long as we would generally like, the price is right. If he can deliver it to your place, it sounds like a good first step. Good to have a roof over your head as you start to build. that is roughly $1/sf (1k/900), and if it is in rebuildable shape at all, it sounds like a good storage shed/temporary living quarters.

my 2 cents.

Peter

rreidnauer
12-22-2008, 02:21 PM
If I had land to put it on, I wouldn't hesitate for a split second to get my hands on that deal.

Keep in mind, you'll still need to spend some additional money on a proper foundation and finish work, but heck, a grand for the basic structure is a steal.

clydesdale.nc
12-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Eddie,
It was cool seeing somebody else on here from Boone. I am from Boone and I have land up there that is actually for sale. But aside from that i am a native and I live in Hickory now but if you need any help on this let me know. I still want to start a cabin but want to labor for somebody else first.

thanks,
nate