PDA

View Full Version : Buying logs FROM log home

daanissimov
12-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi, everyone!
I am new to the forum, but have been following the site and discussions for a while.
I am going to the class this weekend and extremely excited about it. It's been a long anticipation for me.
I am in NorthWest Ohio and thinking about building here. I Realize, that getting logs could be a problem here.

Meanwhile, I saw this add on Craigslist, offering logs from the log house.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mat/912480261.html

Just wanted to see what you think about it. Can this be an option, given the size will be fine?

Thank you,

Dmitriy.

Kola
12-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Whats he selling..leftover logs or the ones already stacked?

?????

Wait until you take the class.

Kola

adubar
12-04-2008, 11:18 AM
I'd also research if the location had any recent flooding. The structure looks as though it is ready for a tear-down. I don't like the dark staining up the walls--kinda like what's left once the rivers subside?

-A

dvb
12-04-2008, 12:58 PM
With a lot of hard work you could disassemble the house and rebuild it on another site. I would sell it after completion because I do not like kit houses and the way they look.

rreidnauer
12-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder what's going on there. Damage too extensive to sell as a whole? Something seems awfully suspicious. Maybe the owner simply ran out of cash to finish it. Can you go out and actually check the place out? If there is no signs of rot, Dean's idea sounds pretty good. Actually, it looks like a pretty nice layout, at least from the one picture.

chadfortman
12-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Look, listen and learn
A man who works with his hands is a laborer,
A man who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman,
A man who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an artist.
St Francis of Assisi.

Looks pretty cool and not to much further to build it. I have it looked at and see what the guys asking for it.
I not relay into cut 3 inches above the windows so they dont blow up.
Teledo get out there before your killed what a crazy place.
My brother lived there and works there now. You know the only trees i see in ohio where in the small parts left over on the farms.
Your gone have to get your in Pa my be. But wait and see what you learn in the Class and my be some the other members can help you locate some.
all my family is in St Marys and Celina its mid west close to you .
You will like the class get ready to take notes and take your cafeen for breakfast to wake you up.
Seya when your done

Shark
12-04-2008, 03:21 PM
I believe this is the same log home:
http://lhoti.com/board/showthread.php?t=2101

run, run away now!

KingLewey70
12-16-2008, 04:18 AM
Are you going to be in Celina or St mary, Ohio over the holidays? I am only about an 1 1/2 hours west of there. You can contact me at kinglewey70 at aol dot com

Travis