PDA

View Full Version : Owner Financing for Land...

oldciscodude
03-23-2005, 04:46 PM
All, I just wanted to drop in a note from my own experience. We have been searching for land now for about 9 mons. I am amazed at the land sellers out there that are happy to "owner-finace" my purchase at 7-8% interest for 5-7 years. All I have to do is ask! We have found the last 4 properties we looked at to be like this. The ad does not say "owner-fin" but we ask the realtor and he/she comes back and tells us the owner would be happy to finance the property for us. All we did was ask. We are looking at 3 properties this weekend and I have already asked the realtor if the owner would fin. and they said yes. I really hope I find something I like, cuz I wanta build something BAD! ==chuck

Ellsworth
03-24-2005, 08:36 AM
That's fantastic, glad to hear you have multiple possibilities to explore :)

If you haven't already, you might want to pick up a copy of 'finding and buying your land in the country' by Less and Carol Scher. It has tons of excellent information about buying land, how to do it, what to look for, all the various issues, etc.
http://www.loghomebuilders.org/log-homes-stuff-we-recommend.htm

oldciscodude
03-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Ellsworth,
Thank you. I purchased that book before I started looking. Thats where I got the idea to ask for owner-fin. Its been a wonderful resource.

==chuck