PDA

View Full Version : Saw got one today

Timber
06-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow I am working this job and the home has 2 really big ole time 2 man saws hanging on the walls and I commented and was asking questions. She says she will give me one hands me one all wrapped up about 5 feet in length one handle is closed traditional type like on a single small hand saw. The other handle is a pole handle with a wide saw blade--she says collectors like the wide blade cause they paint the blade. Anyway it made my day -she says its over 100 years old. I am not sure but told her about my log home i am planning on building-and will hang it on a wall. Said she got it in a auction in Ohio in the 1980's for $75 dollars.

Ron sawing logs tonight!

Shark
06-13-2008, 01:29 PM
That's sweet!

My Grandma recently sold her house & moved into a retirement apt, so they had a garage sale to clean out the garage (G'pa was an antique collector). My dad brought a big old saw back for me that he found in the back of the garage.

Definitely going on the wall :) ...once I convince my wife....haha.

Timber
06-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Are you soggy? Or did your roof do its job? Still raining out there shark? The saw is nice-she had an old wagon wheel hanging from the wall also/ it looked nice.

tanderson
06-13-2008, 05:36 PM
My grandparents also recently went to an assisted living home. As we packed their belongings and determined what was and was not of any use, I found 3 handsaws all in pristine condition. They may have cut 2 or 3 pieces of wood each. One is a rare Disston and Sons "Victory" saw from the WW II era. A similar saw sold for nearly $300 on vintagesaws.com, but it was well used. For a while there I was really into vintage saws. I have 5 now that have been refurbished, figured I'd hang them on the wall in the garage or something...

Shark
06-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Are you soggy? Or did your roof do its job? Still raining out there shark? The saw is nice-she had an old wagon wheel hanging from the wall also/ it looked nice.

Someone still must be doing a rain dance....

Most of the flooding finally stopped, 3 days of sunshine, & now tonight, more rain & likely a bit more flooding!
The roof is good though, everything is dry so far.