PDA

View Full Version : Exceptional Log Home: Pam Neighbors

Ellsworth
04-23-2008, 10:52 AM
We're pleased to present another Exceptional Log Home Award winner: <a href="/image-galleries/student-log-homes/pams-log-home">Pam's log home</a>.

This home was built by Pam Neighbors, and she did a fantastic job!

kyle
04-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Wow!

Pam, you have built a truely amazing log home.

Question...what method did you use to raise your logs in such a short period of time???

And love the PINK saw bar...I think Rod needs one of them on his monster saw. : )

Shark
04-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I've been waiting to see these for a while now.
That's a great looking home Pam! Tile work is awesome.

Timber
04-23-2008, 04:53 PM
It is very nice except.......it is not on my lot :( the tile is really nice.--everything is nice--should of had the pool table racked though--i have an eye for detail ha ha
Ron

Dennisa
04-23-2008, 05:43 PM
OH MY GOSH!!! What a beautiful home. I so wish we would've been able to make it over Pam when we came for the class. You did an amazing job and it is certainly inspiring.

Klapton
04-23-2008, 06:00 PM
WOW!!! Beautiful!

What kind of tile is that? It looks kind of like slate. (Lots of slate around here in Eastern Pennsylvania... dunno about WA where we will be building.)

JohnnyCoho
04-23-2008, 07:12 PM
You take some killer pics there Ellsworth!! WOW!! Pams place is truly awesome and her attention to detail shows in "ALL" of her work... even all the custom work she's done on me ;-)

Little corection on the stair detail for ya though Ellsworth.... Pam and I met about 14 yrs ago when she booked her first fishing trip with me for King salmon on the Humptulips River ( I was only a part time guide back then and still working in construction)... We started talking about Log Homes while on the river that day (actually I think it was an all day thing... always dreamed of building my own log home one day and Pam had all this great info from the LHBA course she just got done taking.) and she was indeed the one that turned me on to the LHBA. Took the class very soon after that!! Since then we've become the greatest of friends and Pam did introduce me to my wonderful wife Corrina.

I can still remember going over to Pams property when they just re-did a single wide to live in while they were building and her plans were just sketches drawn out at the kitchen table. Think they just finished building the well house then too.

Thanks Pam!! Love Ya!!!

hemlock77
04-24-2008, 03:53 AM
amazing, is all I can say. Been waiting to see these pics for a while now. Well worth the wait. Just gives me more insparation and a few new ideas. Love the stone work under the bar.
Stu
http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/hemlock77/

tanderson
04-24-2008, 04:43 AM
the use of cultured stone on this cabin, particularly around the foundation. The log staining/finishing is really nice too. Will it stay that way over time? I think that the use of a masonry patio is also a good idea compared to wood. Your home just makes me say "WOW!"

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaxURLFn6jU&NR=1

JohnnyCoho
04-24-2008, 05:19 AM
Just another little note on Pam's attention to detail... (Suprised ya didn't get a picture of it Ellsworth) To hide the screws on her wooden bar top in the kitchen Pam has these set in indian head nickels... Way Kewl! Also on the rock veneer used for the bar and wood stove areas Pam mixed in real river rock with the artificial stone veneer... you have to literally knock on each rock to tell whats real and whats not. Lots of other little details throughout the entire house that truly sets Pams place out from others.

Hope Pam finds time soon to sign in and check out the pics and add some comments... She's been SUPER busy lately moving an existing shop and setting up a new one lately.

pinecone pam
04-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Corinna called me today! It's way past bedtime-but had to check it out! Dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve! Dude! What an awesome job! You are the man with the camera! I am goin' to bed, see ya at the meeting! And guys, was that nice little comment about the pie a hint?

pinecone pam
04-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Slate. Soft, easy to work with. I love it. I'm in the process of doing a whole wall as a backsplash in the salon side of my new shop, also as trimwork around doorways. I used ungauged. Lots cheaper, but takes more time to float. Home Depot has plenty!

smoothandeasy
04-27-2008, 08:35 AM
The pictures of Pam's home are nothing short of wonderful. Nice home, nice pictures. My wife and I would like to see the floor plan so that we can see how the details flow. Is a simple PDF file available?
Good Building!
Doug

kyle
05-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Figured it was prolly overlooked before when asked, but does anyone know what method Pam used to raise her logs so quickly???

spin05
05-02-2008, 12:42 AM
A boom truck is the only way to raise them that quick......

kskshome04
05-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Beautiful home and hopefully my husband and I can have a home someday - where did you get your railing?

greenthumb
05-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Pam, that is an amazingly beautiful, massive log home! Great job!

That pink chainsaw is pretty cool too! I thought about painting mine camo, but I'd probably lose them in the woods.

Andy

rreidnauer
05-04-2008, 06:56 AM
That pink chainsaw is pretty cool too! I thought about painting mine camo, but I'd probably lose them in the woods.

Andy
Yes, definitely not a good idea!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/titantornado/grinningblue.gif

cwylie
05-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Philip and Carol Wylie

We too would be very eager to see Pam's floor plan for this sweet, sweet home.
We do hope it is available.

Best regards,

Philip & Carol Wylie

cwylie
05-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Philip and Carol Wylie

We too, would be very eager to see Pam's floor plan if she would permit us to view it
for this sweet, sweet home she crafted. As Frank Lloyd Wright said "you will find
God in the details". Superb design and sensitive balance between form, function
and exquisit aesthetics.

Best regards,

Philip & Wylie

wood bug
05-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Completly awsome home.
I was wondering how you set the tile? did you puor a lightwieght concrete base? or ?.
B-E-utiful house.

rocklock
05-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I want to do tile as well. I talked to Pam and she used cement board over underlayment.
I don't have the exact materials, but I need to get them.
Help Pam
Thanks

pinecone pam
05-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Sorry to be out of pocket so long guys! Got rear-ended a few weeks back and slowed me down a bit. Bummer. But, anyway, Rocklock, if you'll drop by I can give you a copy of the plans for these people or you can show me how to scan them and get them up on here to see. I can help you with the tile if you want Rock, I love laying this stuff out! If your floor is suspended from the rim joists: I used TJI's, mainly because of the span. If you plan to lay tile, you'll need to stable it up some using scissors or blocks. I put a block about every 6 ft or so. (Rock I have a picture of this too.) For decking we used 5/8" plywood, then Hardy-backer. Screw it down on every one of those little dots! Sounds like torture but it will stabilize the floor so as not to allow enough movement to cause breakage to your tile or grout line. I was generous with the thin-set, and to date don't have any breakage at all in 1500 sq.ft. of tile on a suspended floor! I didn't use it, but you can get an additive for the thin-set that gives it a little bit of elasticity. Hope this helps, thanks for all of your gracious comments !

pinecone pam
05-29-2008, 05:56 PM
The railing in this house was custom designed by me and built by Kevin at Wesweld in Stanwool Wa. He did an amazing job! I also used another friend of mine who lives here local. he works for a major welding company up here, but does fabulous metal art on the side. I have designed several railings for others and had him and his wife build them for a lot less money. He'll be doing my balconey. Contact me when you're ready. Pam

pinecone pam
05-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Scott you saw the truck we used didn't you? We started out with a 19 ton Peterbuilt boom. Then upgraded to a 23 ton bad boy from Ness Crane. Helps if you know their weaknesses. A quart of home-made hell-acious good jalapeno dill pickles and gas money each day. Not a bad deal!

Mark OBrien
05-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Pam, you have done a fantastic job on your log home! The attention to detail is phenomenal! As for the tile work, I'd offer you a job right now but I think you do a better job than me! My son and I do carpet tile and wood floors and I am totally impressed by your tile work! We did a tile fireplace last Christmas for a guy and it turned out quite well. I only say that because it can be a very attractive alternative to a rock or brick fireplace. Here is a link to the photobucket pics of the fireplace: http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r119/willitshigh/?action=view&current=Jones044.jpg
Feel free to check out our whole album that we've put together for the different types of flooring and other tile work we do.
Again, I have to say that you have done an outstanding job on your home!

smoothandeasy
06-27-2008, 12:30 PM
How is getting the floor plan onto the website coming? It's like being five years old and waiting for Santa! All the pictures are glowious and it would be grand to see how it all fits together. If this encroaches on anyone's copy right, don't worry. Don't plan to copy, just want to see!

Doug

pinecone pam
06-30-2008, 06:48 PM
OK!!!! somebody come over here and show me how to use this @#*! hi tech computer stuff. Why can't they figure a way to make this thing work like any other power tool? I have a scanner, not that I can use it as you well know. I'm trying!

lbrowne
06-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Will pack up our crew and come for a visit! Pam, your house is spectacular!!

---------------------
Or if that thought puts a shiver of fear into you.... (as it well should!) you might check into a local computer or printing service to scan it for you for a couple bucks. I'll even donate to the cause. :)

~ Linda