PDA

View Full Version : class is only 3 days away

Bessy
01-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Hi, everyone. I can't wait for this weekends class. We're flying in from Philly thursday night. Staying at the Monroe motel, 75 bucks a night, not to bad. I found a pretty good deal on a car rental(if there is such a thing). I saw cars as cheap as $9 a day but they were for economy cars that arn't at the airport(a shuttle takes you to the car parked elsewhere). I did that on another trip and don't feel like being bothered with that for this one. Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, and National all have their cars AT the airport. Economy cars(smallest & cheapest) at the airport started at $20 per day. I found a "last minute deals" price on orbitz renting a full sized car(grand prix), unlimited miles from Alamo for $16.95 a day. That's almost half price so everyone shop around. A side note about rental cars. My allstate agent told me this morning that if I have full coverage on any of my cars(which I do) then my rental car will also be covered, so I'm not getting any of that stuff they try to push on you at the sales desk.
Anyway, I'm real excited to meet everyone this weekend. Travel safely. Bess

2 cents
01-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Bessy wrote:
"A side note about rental cars. My allstate agent told me this morning that if I have full coverage on any of my cars(which I do) then my rental car will also be covered"

It's true. I never get the insurance when I rent, since my car's full coverage insurance covers whatever I am driving. Although after a story that my brother-in-law told me, I added something called a "loss of use rider" onto my car insurance.
If you wreck a rental car they get to charge you the daily rental fee for as long as it takes to fix the rental car. "loss of use" insurance would cover this cost. It was not very expensive, I think maybe an extra $20 per year? Something to consider.

2 cents

counterfit
01-17-2008, 09:42 PM
If you look over your contracts for your credit cards I would bet that you will find most of them will include an insurance for rental cars if the car is completely payed for using said card, I utilized this once when I wrecked an econobox from avis, didn't pay a cent.