PDA

View Full Version : Members Forum?

lngbeard
10-22-2007, 04:26 AM
I finished the class last night (10/21) and wanted to check out the member forum. After logging in, I see no topic's and no replys. Am I really logged in to members forum? Thanks, Lngbeard.

lngbeard
10-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Well, I just answered my own question as the post appeared in the general forum.

lngbeard
10-22-2007, 04:34 AM
I am having a great conversation with myself. Found the members access request area. Sorry for the waste of space.

ezyplay
10-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Congrats Ingbeard! do You have land yet? Where do You plan to build/ I am looking in several areas & states. Good luck with Your Log Home!

dbtoo
10-22-2007, 11:04 AM
It used to be that after you attended class, you send your class date and lhba username to the admin. Then they add you to the list of members. They should have mentioned this in class.

See this thread http://www.loghomebuilders.org/how-get-members-section-updated

lngbeard
10-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks ezyplay,
I have 15 acres overlooking Lk. Roosevelt on North port Flatcreek road. This is Northeastern Washington state. If not familiar with the area, Lake Roosevelt is the lake formed behind the Grand Cooley dam. My place is about 65 miles up river from the dam. Very nice rural Pine forested area. Now all I have to do is figure out how to build there when I live and work in the Seattle area. Actually a lot more to figure out but I'll worry about that later. Where are you at?

ezyplay
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi Ingbeard, i live in Houston but not for much longer. I am taking the Nov.10th & 11th. class and will be looking in four states for land. Oregon, Idaho, Washington & Montana. I like Collvill, WA & Eureka, MT. I have land here but it's just too humid. I will sell out here and take my time finding the right place. I want about 10 wooded acres + or -. I would love to find waterfront acreage with timber.

zato_ichi
10-23-2007, 05:58 AM
I just got back from up that way weekend before last loking for property, here are a few pics
http://home.comcast.net/~hollettclan/colville/photo1.html
it sure is nice up there and we intend to move there as soon as we can locate a place to call our own.

Ezyplay I hear ya on the humidity, Nashville area is very humid as well. One of the main reasons we are looking to move.

jtbodine
10-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Hey Zato,
I live in Nashville too! I discovered this site about a month ago. Do you know of any lhba homes that are in this area that could be viewed? I still have many questions. I would like to build on Lake Malone up in KY where I am from.
Jeff

ezyplay
10-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi Zato_ichi, love Your pictures! We are also looking for a place to call our own. Nashville is also very humid. My niece lives there. She loves Nashville but not the humidity. I guess You have already taken the class!? My wife & i are definately leaving this area. I can live with 50% & 60% humidity but here it's like 80 & 90% most of the year. No winter to speak of, beautiful days but humid.

lngbeard
10-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Zato_ichi,
Great pic's. My acres are on the Roosevelt side of the Kettle wedge. This is the area north of Kettle Falls on the west side of Roosevelt and east of Kettle river. View acreage is a little tough to find and expensive when you do. Territorial views are much less expensive. Hope you land yourself a place around this area. It is just about as good as it gets (IMO). Lngbeard.

zato_ichi
10-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Ezplay , no unfortunately I have yet to experience the class, hopefully soon though as I am convinced after countless hours of research on log homes that this is the best method. I really hope to get into a class in the spring, hopefully they will still be having them at that time as that is when I have budgeted to save up for it.

JtBodine, howdy neighbor! I do not know of any LHBA homes in the midtn area, or of many but and pass style (actually I am still looking for the first one) but there are a lot of cabins to see around the area, you should look at Canonsburg park in Murfreesboro and there is a Historic Log Cabin at Falls Mill you can rent. btw, if you'd like to get together to talk log homes and what not you can email me at hollettclan@comcast.net and we'll make plans.
http://www.fallsmill.com/bedbreakfast.html

lngbeard, I sure do hope to find something in the area as it seems perfect for my family and our dream of simplifying our lives. Btw, on an intersting sidenote a co-worker of mine lived in Northport for 25 years, i just happened to mention that I had been in the area looking at property and we got into quite an intersting discussion. His name is Brad Bulla , anyway it's a small world after all.

Sawtooth
10-31-2007, 03:26 PM
lngbeard,
Hi, I took the class last May but just joined the forum today. Looking forward to learning more. How close are you to breaking ground?

DougR

ezyplay
11-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Ingbeard, how do you like the area around Lake Roosevelt? Do you have your design yet? I am thinking about 2,000 sq. ft. I'm looking at several radiant heating sites and
will probably go with wood floor. I like several log home designs built by members.

lngbeard
11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Sawtooth- We have actually not made the "go-no go" decision. I need to do a timber survey of my property to figure out how many usable logs I can come up with. We will also have to get power and a well in. That's going to take some time and money. I want to live on the property one day, one way or another.
ezyplay- I love the lake Roosevelt area. When we drive over we hit the lake at Fort Spokane and the next 65 miles driving north to Kettle Falls is as good as it gets (to me). Pine trees, the lake, deer, wild turkey.

lngbeard
11-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Sawtooth, We have actually not made the "go-no go" decision. I need to do a timber survey of my property to figure out how many usable logs I can come up with.
ezyplay- I love the lake Roosevelt area. When we drive over we hit the lake at Fort Spokane and the next 65 miles driving north to Kettle Falls is as good as it gets (to me). Pine trees, the lake, deer, wild turkey.