PDA

View Full Version : Southern Yellow Pines

jetster
09-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Hi I'm Todd form north Ar. I'm new to "LHBA" and would love to attend the class in Oct. 2007. but it will have to wate till the next one...

My wife and I live on her famely's lane and Grand-Pa has about 600 AC.
lots of Pines about (AVG) 10" (15" or so on big end) with not much taper about 4" in 35-40'. I would like to know what kind of span I could get out of them. I really don't want to buy logs if I can help it.. I know that alot of ? will be covered in the class but I'm trying to get everything ready and want to know if I'm barking up the wrong TREE (no pun intended)

If anyone could help here it would be great.....

Thanks form a future member........

kyle
09-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Welcome Todd, having access to the trees is a BIG advantage. You should be able to work with the trees you have available to cover the spans needed using the LHBA method. One of the benefits of taking the course is they give you a span chart to use so you'll have to take the course to get your answer!

jetster
09-20-2007, 08:21 AM
I figured as much--- It's good to here that I shouldn't have to buy any logs. Shirley and I are really looking forward to when we can attend the class.. Wish it could be it Oct... We live on the property now (but not where we will build) and I've cut down a few dead standing trees and the heart looks good. I cant wate to get started on the house... It will have a walkout basement as the property has a grad to it with a great view of the ozarks.

Todd and Shirley.....