PDA

View Full Version : Adding on

jevans
01-19-2005, 03:20 PM
When adding on to a cabin or building 2 adjoining cabins.How do you add on? Do you build two square boxs,or is there way to use a common wall for the 2?

ianebeggs
02-28-2005, 01:40 PM
I am curious about this too. I am playing with the idea of stagering two squares at a 45 degree angle. So they're offset from each other and you are basically building one big square and one small square. The biggest benefit of this is that the shorter walls are all the same length (a square) and the long logs are all the same length (another square). This is just an idea and i'm actually building a small model now to see how things would work out. The roof is my biggest concern. I've already figured out that I will have to adjust my RPSL's to compensate for the small wall that starts in the middle of the main wall (at point x). That could be a problem since I cant' properly attach the RPSL to the wall if there are logs in the way. When I get farther along I plan to send some pictures to Steve and Ellsworth to see what they think. I'm sure there are dozens of things wrong with the concept but it seems to me that it's just 2 squares so it shouldn't be that much different than 1 square. We'll see.

I tried to put something on here so you could at least see what I was talking about but it won't let me do it. I'll try to get a pic and post it.

Ian