PDA

View Full Version : Exceptional Log Home Award: Sheri and Debbie

Ellsworth
03-30-2007, 10:11 PM
We're pleased to announce that Sheri and Debbie have received an Exceptional Log Home Award.

Sheri and Debbie built a very beautiful log home here in Washington. It's a solid and well built log home with a nice bright feeling to the interior. As pictures of log homes go, these log home pictures are pretty cool. (http://www.loghomebuilders.org/log-homes-26.htm) ;)

Enjoy.

rreidnauer
03-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Beautiful place Ellsworth. They really got a lot of nice features into a fairly compact envelope.

Mark OBrien
03-31-2007, 08:12 PM
They say that dynamite comes in small packages. This place is dynamite! Those ladies did a heckuva job on their home.

hemlock77
03-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Classic. I'm envious.
Stu

Andythompson
04-02-2007, 09:12 AM
I have one question. In the third picture (w/the old phone) is the chinking actually mortar or is it the synthetic rubber type? Not that I have any personal experience yet, but if it is mortar the ladies are truly skilled craftswomen. That chinking appears to be flawless!!!

Shark
04-02-2007, 10:47 AM
I have one question. In the third picture (w/the old phone) is the chinking actually mortar or is it the synthetic rubber type? Not that I have any personal experience yet, but if it is mortar the ladies are truly skilled craftswomen. That chinking appears to be flawless!!!

Yah, it looks almost as if it was taped/masked off first, chinked, then unmasked.

Very nice looking house!

freddy
04-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Very nice form, function, style, craftsmanship. It's a real inspiration. One question for the more experienced among us. I noticed more checking of the wall logs and support posts in this house than the other featured houses. If my observation is correct, how much concern is there about the checking? How much control does the builder have over preventing the checking?

Thanks,

freddy

Shark
04-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Very nice form, function, style, craftsmanship. It's a real inspiration. One question for the more experienced among us. I noticed more checking of the wall logs and support posts in this house than the other featured houses. If my observation is correct, how much concern is there about the checking? How much control does the builder have over preventing the checking?

Thanks,

freddy

I'll try & answer, but I haven't built (yet)...

Some species of wood are more prone to checking than others.

Also, it may be due to how quickly/slowly the logs may have dried.

Generally, the checking does not affect a butt & pass style log home if built correctly.

ponyboy
04-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Nice! It's refreshing to see something on a smaller more manageable scale. :D

Anybody know what kind of heaters they are using. (kitchen and living room pic)

rreidnauer
04-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Anybody know what kind of heaters they are using. (kitchen and living room pic)

They look like older catalytic propane heaters to me.

Randy W
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Havent been on the forum in a while. First thing I looked at was the pics of your home. Wow, wow, wow. I hope ours turns out half as nice as yours did. My compliments.

TracyN
07-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I must have missed this one when it was originally posted.

Wow! Love it. This is the exact look I'm going for. Now I got some great pictures to reference.

Ellsworth...Is there anyway to contact these ladies? I would love to know how they sealed the roofline on the bump out. I don't see any flashing or apparent seal between the two structures.

Lolo-Steve
07-30-2007, 05:54 AM
We're pleased to announce that Sheri and Debbie have received an Exceptional Log Home Award.

Sheri and Debbie built a very beautiful log home here in Washington. It's a solid and well built log home with a nice bright feeling to the interior. As pictures of log homes go, these log home pictures are pretty cool. (http://www.loghomebuilders.org/log-homes-26.htm) ;)

Enjoy.

Ellsworth is it possible to have floor plans for the Exceptional Log Home Award winners? The Photos are great for all the homes but, for me at least, floor plans makes it that much easier to appreciate the house.

2 cents
08-01-2007, 05:57 AM
I agree, I have always wished I could see some of the floorplans for the exceptional homes, so I can see what size they are and how they are laid out. It would give a better idea for how to plan my own.

GrafikFeat
08-08-2007, 06:45 AM

Enjoy.

--

Umm... Dead Link!

Where in WA?

Tim Nirk
08-13-2007, 09:09 AM
http://www.loghomebuilders.org/image-galleries/student-log-homes/sheri-debbie