PDA

View Full Version : TWP100 Stain and Caulk Question

Big_log
09-20-2016, 03:52 AM
Hey guys. We are looking at re-staining our home with TWP 100 rustic stain. The problem we are having is that most folks are saying caulk will not stick due to the natural waxes in that stain. Anyone used TWP100 on their home? And if so, what caulk did you apply after?
Thanks for any advice!

rckclmbr428
09-20-2016, 06:46 AM
Hey guys. We are looking at re-staining our home with TWP 100 rustic stain. The problem we are having is that most folks are saying caulk will not stick due to the natural waxes in that stain. Anyone used TWP100 on their home? And if so, what caulk did you apply after?
Thanks for any advice!

Could you caulk before?

Big_log
09-20-2016, 07:37 AM
Could you caulk before?
I thought of that, but really wanted that stain preservative in the wood.

sdart
09-20-2016, 08:38 AM
TWP is very oily and also slippery for a long time. Don't put it anywhere you will want to be walking. After a few years it will flake off and you'll be able to caulk, but you'll have to put something else on if you want to stain. We put it on some of our girders and beams when they were going to be out in the weather for several years-- the results are as I said. I really can't recommend it, but I'd listen to the folks in your climate zone and see what they say.

Big_log
09-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Thanks. Has anyone heard of Manus-Bond caulk? I just found it as a possible solution.
https://www.loghelp.com/products/manus-bond-caulking.asp