PDA

View Full Version : Maple Ridge, BC, Canada - any builds ?

Erickonghl
03-21-2016, 01:32 AM
Hi,

Very glad to have come across this forum. Currently I am residing in Singapore - and looking forward to moving my family to Maple Ridge, BC , Canada.

Any members here from Maple Ridge or near abouts ?

I intend to attend the class in June - and start my build in July.

Looking forward to attending the class in Vegas!

Cheerios

Eric

loghousenut
03-21-2016, 07:19 AM
If there are any roses in Singapore, Maple Ridge, or Vegas, you might want to stop and smell them. You are definitely moving at breakneck speeds, Eric.

Sorry, I am not much of a Canadian so can't offer up myself as a neighbor, but at the pace you are going I expect you to announce your third build, somewhere near me, by the end of the year.

sdart
03-21-2016, 07:29 AM
There are any number of builds in Washington State, not that far from you. Probably closer than any of the builds in Canada, although I have a vague idea someone is building in BC... just not sure where.

rocklock
03-21-2016, 01:20 PM
There is a 25 by 25 in Point Roberts. It is US land, but entirely in Canada...

Camano Island has 4 or 5 that can be seen and Whidbey Island also has a few...

Erickonghl
03-21-2016, 09:38 PM
LHN,

So it sounds not so realistic eh?

By the way, I enjoy your all your posts.

Perhaps to give a bit of background, my day job is sitting in the office all day - so I have no clue as to building, engineering or construction.

However, I can devote full time for 1 year to get it up - is that realistic ? I also don't mind sitting all day doing nothing but reading the forum posts.

Eric

loghousenut
03-22-2016, 08:33 AM
Sounds realistic enough to me, just don't ask me to keep up. I'll be there to help when I can. You'll find me over here under the big Fir Tree taking a little nap before lunch. Why don't we set up another hammock and we can talk over your next move?