PDA

View Full Version : Great Experience over the Weekend

John W
06-02-2014, 06:46 AM
Nancy, a lady staying at a friend's lakehouse, was eating with us at birthday dinner over the weekend. My wife mentioned something about log homes, and I said something like, there's nothing like a Log Home Builder's Association. Nancy says, you know there is a log home builders association, I took their class!
She took it back in the 70's, at Skip's big house. Never built a house, but has used some of the building techniques in other ways, living in Alaska for decades.
Anyway, it was just a cool thing that this random friend was an official LHBA member, from back in the day.

loghousenut
06-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Teeny tiny, itty bitty, teensy weensy, little world we live in, ain't it.

rreidnauer
06-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Yea, it doesn't seem to matter where I go, I always seem to run into someone that lives like within 20 miles of me.

Shark
06-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Yup pretty funny sometimes.

I was out in the boonies yesterday on my mountain bike, ran into a family, chatted a bit, they just moved out here from Illinois, & we just moved out from Indiana...close enough to be kinda funny.

donjuedo
06-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Funny, Rod!

I had been reading this forum for a few years, and ran across details that rang a bell -- Rota, Spain, US Navy, Hawaii ... I said to myself, "That has GOT to be my cousin's son." (He posted under a nickname) He never happened to mention the class when I was around, but sure enough, it was him! So I posted a note about the class on Facebook, to see how long it would take him to notice. He was pretty quick. :-D