PDA

View Full Version : What's the "oddest" outbuilding you've constructed using LBHA methods......

LogHomeFeverDan
01-20-2013, 04:42 AM
I have been thinking about building our mailbox using LBHA methods. No LHN not with logs the size of your ridgepole. <g> Has anyone built a shelter you see for the kids to wait on the school bus? Or maybe a gazebo?, tool shed?, outdoor kitchen?

Just wondering what type of outbuildings have been built and did you keep your property with the B & P motif??

loghousenut
01-20-2013, 06:38 PM
I've told most of this story before. In the 1980's I wanted to build a log outhouse. I dug a pit, set up 4 big rocks for corner piers, cut and peeled a bunch of 6"-8"logs and went at it. Was 6'x6' inside and then it grew a 6'x6' porch. Then I put a monster seep challet roof on it with a forward set ridgepole and girder that made it look like a church. Handsplit about a zillion shakes for the roof.

Then I ran a water line to it and put in a flush toilet and covered the poop tank with old sheet metal. Turned into a right nice guest house/church/outhouse.

Patty and I were married on the porch.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

rreidnauer
01-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Now that's an odd outhouse story. But not unexpected, considering the source! :rolleyes:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using TapaTalk 2

LogHomeFeverDan
01-21-2013, 03:37 PM
I've told most of this story before. In the 1980's I wanted to build a log outhouse. I dug a pit, set up 4 big rocks for corner piers, cut and peeled a bunch of 6"-8"logs and went at it. Was 6'x6' inside and then it grew a 6'x6' porch. Then I put a monster seep challet roof on it with a forward set ridgepole and girder that made it look like a church. Handsplit about a zillion shakes for the roof.

Then I ran a water line to it and put in a flush toilet and covered the poop tank with old sheet metal. Turned into a right nice guest house/church/outhouse.

Patty and I were married on the porch.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Classic!!! A crapper with a history!