PDA

View Full Version : Babysitters...?

Trader Jay
01-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Originally, I did not think I could make the March 2013 class. However, I think there is enough flexibility in my schedule to turn this into a mini vacation.

I would love for my wife and I to take the class, but this means we need a babysitter for 2 VERY-FULL days.

Has anyone brought young kids (6,8,11 yrs old) to the class before? Does the hotel have a baby sitting service?

If we cannot find a sitter, then I will have to take the class alone while mommy paints the town with the kids. If anyone encountered a similar situation please share your experience.

Thanks,

TJ

StressMan79
01-03-2013, 09:21 AM
Triader,

I suppose you are spending an extra 900 bucks or so on air fare for your kids. Not a good investment just to put them in day care. Leave them home with Gramma, or Auntie, and take the class with your wife. It'll be cheaper too.

You are welcome.

-Peter

marvlus
01-03-2013, 09:59 AM
The class runs from 9 am to about 9 PM, so I would not feel good about having my children try to sit and behave for that long.

blane
01-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Just me maybe but I would rather leave my little ones with someone I know at home rather than in a hotel day care where I did not know who is caring for them.

LogHomeFeverDan
01-03-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm scheduled for the March class so this comment is pre class. From all I've read on here if your wife will come to the class with you, I'd call the hotels you are considering staying. I booked a non Harrah's room. I know some hotels have child care. I guess I'm an enabler when it comes to dreams. If you do some research you may find a place the kids will have a grand time in a safe environment while you and your wife attend class. I guess what I'm struggling to convey is, it's a personal choice but I'd think both of you attending class would be highly beneficial. If there's a will, there's a way. (-;

BarstowRat
01-05-2013, 10:43 AM
For what it's worth. My wife has family in Vegas, I'm sure that either they, or someone they know could babysit. Another option is that my wife is a stay at home mommy and we are just hours south of Vegas. Sounds odd I know, but but trying to help see your dream come true. Heck, I live two hours away and still can't seem to make it there for the class. Just throwing out some crazy ideas for you. Best of luck either way.

Blondie
01-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Hi,
I too have family in LV that could help you out. Call if you need some help. Karen PM me for my number.

loghousenut
01-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I love this bunch!

AkChas
01-05-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm concerned about the private phone number published on a Public Forum......

rreidnauer
01-05-2013, 04:21 PM
I agree. Might want to edit that, and share it through a PM. Too many robospammers these days to have that posted on the public side.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using TapaTalk 2