PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

JeffandSara
01-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Hey, all!

Just want to say Happy New Year, and wish everyone the best.

May many log home dreams come true, or at least closer to reality, and everyone work safely!

Jeff and Sara

LogHomeFeverDan
01-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Thanks Jeff and Sara, Happy New Year to you as well. I'm so very excited about class in March! I have to temper my enthusiasm for gathering components before hand. Missed out on a very nice jacuzzi tub, brand new, 1.5 hp motor the other day. Also missed a brand new "commercial" griddle, 36 inches. The log home dream for us will begin in earnest this year, Lord willing. Also looking forward to beekeeping, vermiculture, aquaponics, and potentially raising rabbits for meat. Haven't been this excited about a "new year" in a very long time.

JeffandSara
01-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi, Dan--

Well, at least you're in the final stretch now, before class. :) Hang in there! We remember how exciting it was right before we went, but the time came faster than we thought it would. Once we went, everything changed in our outlook (no forum at that time for the preview you folks get); and we were able to start going full-speed ahead with specific plans and goals.

It will probably be worth it to hold off on "big" purchases until you've gone, assimilated the class information, and are sure of your basic plan/needs. However, smaller things, if you have the cash and a place to store them, and you know you'll want them in your home, you certainly might pick up here and there as you find good deals.

Sounds like you also have plenty of "related" subjects and projects to research, which ought to keep you busy until March, too!

Hope things all go great for you! Sara :)

rockinlog
01-09-2015, 07:32 PM
i know this is 2 years late but i just saw this thread happy new year!! lol

StressMan79
01-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Years?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner

rockinlog
01-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Years?

i was referring to this actual thread lol dated in 2013 by the way stressman hows your build coming along?

StressMan79
01-10-2015, 01:59 PM
97% done. Have all remaining parts needed bought, and most of them there. Want to get out there next summer and finish it.

rockinlog
01-10-2015, 02:28 PM
97% done. Have all remaining parts needed bought, and most of them there. Want to get out there next summer and finish it.

congratulations man!