PDA

View Full Version : I'm in!!!!!!

fireman9
10-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Well that's it, I signed up for the class! The wife and I are 100 percent ready for the log home life. More importantly we are ready to be mortgage free!!!! We have looked into kits in the past but they wouldn't help us achieve the dream of being mortgage free. I will have $140k in cash for the project and I know lhba is the avenue for us to realize the real American dream. It also may speed up retirement from the F.D. Maybe in 4 yrs. I will be completely debt free and retired at the young age of 46!! See some of you in class in a few weeks.
Steve

Blondie
10-14-2012, 11:57 AM
WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! You will never, ever be sorry!

Now, if I may humbly suggest that in preparation for the class read everything that i possible to read on the non member side. Try not to tie yourselves down to a floor plan until after the class. SWEET DREAMS

Blondie

Drummerboy
10-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Congradulations! Get ready to buckle down and bring something comfy to rest your butt on, lots of knowledge & after you graduate the best part is becoming a member....it's a family that will take you on your journey........

LogHomeFeverDan
10-14-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow, that's exciting news!!! Congrats to you both Fireman!

loghousenut
10-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Firefolks,

After no small amount of consideration, I have decided that you are taking the right course of action.

I advise that you FOR SURE take the Boss with you to class. You both want to attend.

mco65
10-17-2012, 05:41 AM
fireman! freaking awesome..

rckclmbr428
10-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Congrats!!!!!

marvlus
10-17-2012, 09:28 AM
You will have no regrets - fine group of people in this community!

BagPiperKirk
10-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Greeting from San Francisco Bay Area, Kirk here.... and i am also happy to say " Count me in Too!!!!"
i will be in the Nov. Class
just signed up to day, just booked my flight and Hotel, looking forward to meet you all

Mosseyme
10-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Congrats. Read all you can, don't ask to many questions, they will answer almost every one of them at the right time. Your head will be spinning enough just to keep up with what they are saying. Do right down questions just incase they don't answer them. Have fun. Chime in when you get done, we always are waiting for the newbies response to the class.

Kick Forward
10-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Wow, with 140k to spend and some prudent decision making, that should make for an awfully nice log home!

Gomer
10-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Wow, with 140k to spend and some prudent decision making, that should make for an awfully nice log home!

or even cooler .... a nice place on water and keeping $50k for the All Done Bash to follow ;)

fireman9
10-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Okay gonna sign up the wife. Anyone have any idea how I can pay for her and get the couples price? Thanks, steve

marronnin
10-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Send an e-mail explaining what you want to do, to the one on the e-mail confirming class and they will get back to you, I had to do the same thing when my brother decided to go with my wife and I.

fireman9
10-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Okay she is in too!!

panderson03
10-27-2012, 08:32 AM
YEAH! good decision Fireman. got a few fire-people in our family. dangerous job. one was injured last this past summer in a church fire. firehose didn't produce water. must have been a kink in the hose. her husband (also a firefighter) had to bring in a team to save her. healing fine now but scary. take care of yourself. thanks for your service.

fireman9
10-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks panderson. One of the reasons we are going to build this log home is so we can be debt free and I can retire early from the fire service. Plus we love log homes. I was burned in the last fire I was in and have had several life changing experiences. Saw my life flash before my eyes once and want to retire maybe in 4 yrs at the age of 46. Vegas here we come followed by some log home living!!! Yeehaw!!!

LogHomeFeverDan
10-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Always good to hear fellow log home lovers excited Fireman! I echo the thank you!!! I have great admiration for our firefighters.

PeeCee
11-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Welcome aboard.

I used to be a firefighter when I was going to school at the U of Idaho. The Fire Department had a great student firefighter program where students work as firefighters and EMTs in exchange for room and board (at one of the fire stations)--which are completely staffed by students except for the chief and the day dispatcher. Four years of that convinced me to get into a safer occupation. Stay safe and try to retire early.

rreidnauer
11-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Four years of that convinced me to get into a safer occupation. Stay safe and try to retire early.
I hear that. Thank God for volunteer firefighters.

A previous coworker is a volunteer firefighter, and just prior to my layoff, he got caught in a roof collapse in a stairwell of an apartment complex. He received first and second degree burns to his hands, backside, and leg while his buddies tried getting to him to pull from the burning rubble. He brought in some of his gear, including his prized radio that he had been using for years, which was a melted, mangled mess. He doesn't fully recall how he managed to get out, but does remember jumping from a second floor landing. He is sure that he should have perished that night.

God bless these folks who put their lives on the line, and not even collect a paycheck for doing so.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using TapaTalk 2