PDA

View Full Version : Class

Blondie
09-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Hmmmm I wonder if the guys in class have the ' deer in the head lights' look, yet?

Blondie

panderson03
09-01-2012, 12:52 PM
I know we had it by mid afternoon!!

Blondie
09-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Poor heads will spin and spin all night long. They will pound rebar all night!

Blondie

marvlus
09-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Hmmmm I wonder if the guys in class have the ' deer in the head lights' look, yet?

Blondie
I don't know if I had the look, but I was mentally exhausted by the end of class!

Marv

GreenEyes
09-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Marvlus, we are less than 30 miles from Columbus, in Alabama! Hope to start building in the next year or two. We are already on our land, and living in an old manufactured home we want to replace. Hope you enjoyed the class as much as we did! I'm sure our brains were spinning, too. So much good info in such a short time!

marvlus
09-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Marvlus, we are less than 30 miles from Columbus, in Alabama! Hope to start building in the next year or two. We are already on our land, and living in an old manufactured home we want to replace. Hope you enjoyed the class as much as we did! I'm sure our brains were spinning, too. So much good info in such a short time!
Greeneyes, Let me know you start building. I'd be happy to help, if you need a hand.

Marv

GreenEyes
07-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Greeneyes, Let me know you start building. I'd be happy to help, if you need a hand.

Marv

Marvlus, we are getting closer! Have you started building yet? We hope to start building by next spring. Most of our 3 acres of land where we currently live (and will build) is wooded, but unfortunately most of the trees are not large enough to build with. Think I counted maybe 40 trees that might work when I walked our trail one day. Not a lot of flat, open space on our land. Lots of decisions to make, some of them soon! Need to decide what type of trees to use, concerned about bugs and rot, with all the humidity we have here. Heard another LHBA member build in Alabama used cypress. Need to finalize which set of house plans we'll use, and building site.

Have a friend with acreage who is having some large pines (almost 24" diameter) cut soon. He's willing to sell us some trees and his logger might be able to work with us. Not positive his pine is the best option to build a house in our area, though.

We would be interested in helping with builds in Alabama, and possibly other areas of the South East.