PDA

View Full Version : New member

darkfire5000
08-10-2012, 08:51 PM
New member here could I get a little info about the classes and maybe an idea of where to look for more info on building log homes????

Zetmandu
08-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Hi, you have arrived at the right place. To get info on the next classes offered you can sign up for the email alerts and it will let you know when the next is. in the mean time, plenty of excellent reading and even more excellent members here to help you out and decide if this type of building is for you. Tons of info and pictures on this side of things, just click a topic and start reading and if you decide to take the class, even more on the members side. Good Luck to you whatever you decide!!

loghousenut
08-11-2012, 12:08 AM
We are a bunch of people who share the common goal of wanting to build our own log home with our own hands. We have all attended a 2 day course that is offered by the Log Home Builders Association (LHBA). Once a person attends the class they become a lifetime member of the LHBA and they gain access to the "members only" side of this forum. That's where the action happens. On the members side we ask and answer questions and assist each other however we can, including work parties and sale or loaning of tools.

I took the class in 1981 and I took it again with my Wife in 1989. We have built several log buildings over the years. At the present I, and my 20 year old Son, are building the log home that I will die in, and his Kids will inherit (if he ever breeds).

The focus of the class is teaching a method of log home construction that is probably the strongest, and easiest way to build a real log home. Most of us do it without a bank loan and will own our home, free and clear, when we are finished building (we will own ours).

Peruse the site and ogle the photos. If you like what you see, you and your lifemate oughta consider taking the class and changing your future. If you found us while looking for a way to mortgage yourself into a kit log home, be warned... The log home you build using the LHBA method will have a WOW factor and a lifespan that is mostly unheard of in the kit home industry.

Read on...

Blondie
08-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Yep, that is all true.

cyndi01
09-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I, too, am new to the forums and website. I was looking for log homes to build and came across this website. We have recently leased a camp on the river and want to build something small as a getaway. Since it is not our land, we want to be able to move it if needed.

Also, we are in the process of looking for land close to where we live. We would be interested in building our own log home, but figured prefab would be the best. But from viewing everything here and on the website, I am seeing we are out of the loop. I would love to take the classes, but do not know if they are offered in my vicinity. Can we sign up for the newsletter or alerts I saw mentioned here without being a member yet? Just fishing for information at this time. Thanks for any help anybody can give me. Cindy

IwLam
09-10-2012, 03:31 AM
Hi cyndi01,
Welcome to the fold.
Go here to sign up for email alert about class.
http://www.loghomebuilders.org/alert