Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: February 20 & 21 Class 2016 . . . Just saying hello to potential class participants!

Okay people, just one month away...let the countdown begin! I for one, am just a bit excited about the prospect of this class, have been reading through the forums quite a bit and really appreciate all the blogs and pictures that LHBA members have contributed. I'll be ready to trade this Seattle rain for a few days of Vegas sun as well

I remember the last month before class!! time seemed to go by sooooo sloooly!
    there were a few things we wished we'd boned up on before class while we were waiting (DIY excavation, DIY footers and frost walls (and ICF!), DIY plumbing and electric)
    might help pass the time?

Quick Question. My class is 13 and 14 Feb, from LHBA email confirmations. Did they make another one for the following weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    Quick Question. My class is 13 and 14 Feb, from LHBA email confirmations. Did they make another one for the following weekend?
    Yes. There are two classes to be held on consecutive weekends in Feb. The next class after that looks to be Memorial Day weekend in May.

No need to change your travel plans

Just one blip of nervousness there for a second.

Hello fellow 20/21st attendees (as well as you veteran builders)!

Hey NWScott.. send some of that rain down this way will you! I'm expecting I'll start to fry and forget what winter and moisture are like any second now! I'm coming from Tucson Arizona. Unusually cool still for us I'd say and only a few weeks left of 70s before the great BBQ in the sky turns us up to broil.

Anyway, the intro: My name is Glen. I am close enough to Vegas I'm driving in so I can start that dreamer trek of stacking logs in a cool place that doesn't have anything resembling saguaros. For me this is probably a 5-10 year planning for 'retirement' (as much as I'd like to do it today!) I'm currently thinking northern Arizona with a huge pile of solar panels. As a server/networking nerd I can't leave ALL technology behind. If I find the funding, even with the cheaper 'sweat equity', my ideal place is going to be an old school outside cabin look with 2015 guts inside to some degree.

Good to see people are already diving in. See you all in a month!

LHBA Member
    Welcome, Glen. Your plan sounds good. Feel free to read up, and post any questions you have.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Glewash View Post
    For me this is probably a 5-10 year planning for 'retirement' (as much as I'd like to do it today!) I'm currently thinking northern Arizona with a huge pile of solar panels. As a server/networking nerd I can't leave ALL technology behind. If I find the funding, even with the cheaper 'sweat equity', my ideal place is going to be an old school outside cabin look with 2015 guts inside to some degree.

Good to see people are already diving in. See you all in a month!
    hi there Glen. we too are on the 5-10 year plan. we started building in 2010.
    welcome aboard

I'm counting the days. My wife will be in Vegas (haven't seen each other in 6 months), but wont be attending the class.

Aside from slippers, any other things the old-timers recommend I should bring to class?

Do they have an ample supply of coffee? I'm a coffee based life-form.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    ...I'm a coffee based life-form.
    Sounds fair enough to me!