We are that lucky. We plan to do a hydro system of some sort. We have 2,000 feet of mountain stream running the entire length of the valley of our place. We just have to figure where to take the water out and back in to get the most fall in the least distance. Of course that will naturally be at the waterfalls so an old fashion water wheel would be nice to look at but not so practical. A friends says he can make it work but I'm not really convinced that we won't need more that that. Since there will be 3 cabins at some distance from each other we may need to each have our own setup at the cabin and have battery banks on wheels to park in a charge station close to where the power is being generated or some such set up. I don't know if sharing the generator and charging separate battery banks would be feasible or not. A lot of trouble I'm sure, probably better to figure something else out. There will be at least 1200' between the highest cabin and the lowest cabin. All will be within a 100' of the creek. If we put the generator station in the middle it would be 500'-600' to the other two cabins to run electric line if we tried to just wire it and I know you lose a lot with distance so I just don't know which is best. We might be the only full time residents so I'm thinking we put it close to us and let the others figure out how to get some to them. Ha.