Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Modeling materials?

Quote Originally Posted by rreidnauer View Post
    Hmm, this has got me thinking, and may make Steve and Ellsworth want to bludgeon me with a rubber chicken for suggesting this, but maybe it would be a good idea to set up a FTP for pertinent documents?
    As long as I don't have to index them I have A LOT of files along the same lines.

It's not that I'm isolationist, it's just that I don't trust the rest of the world to be there every morning* when I wake up.

*or on speaking terms with me.

I don't know if anybody has ever gave it any thought but I'd love to see some DIY plans on building a crucial saw with a 10 to 15 hsp Honda or Briggs and Stratton motor powering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyblott View Post
    I don't know if anybody has ever gave it any thought but I'd love to see some DIY plans on building a crucial saw with a 10 to 15 hsp Honda or Briggs and Stratton motor powering it.
    More than likely I have something to fit that bill, but I'll have to do some searching.
    That FTP doesn't sound like a bad idea though.

Just found these:

http://www.greatbrandsusa.com/pack-o...6u-c-c-orange/

Best price I've found building at a 1/2" = 1 Foot scale. 1" dia dowels = 2 feet average log size at scale.
    Eric Duncan - LHBA Class: May 2012 - http://eduncan911.com

"A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned." - Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks Eric.

I'm actually looking for 1/2 x 1/2 square sticks. Easier to stack up,
    I can only imagine the number of times I'd hit my thumb with a hammer trying to "pin" the "logs" using finishing nails

Huh. Learn something everyday.

Never knew they sold "square dowels". Aways though dowels by definition were round.

Oh, and a pox on Lowes.....they're blocking my overseas IP.

If you can afford it, get an VPN service (like $10-$20/mo). You connect your computer/laptop to their server in the states, and it is like you are here in the states. Your IP will be one in the states. Your traffic gets routed through their server and out from their IP. There are several to choose from, but read independent reviews first.

Personally, I have my own home server and just run my own OpenVPN. I have my Android to auto-connect at all times when I enable LTE/Data (disabled the vast majority of the time). Windows, OSX and Linux all support OpenVPN software.

This is how my family and I can watch Hulu, Nutflix, etc when in Japan or Canada on our Windows/Macbook laptops and Android tablets.

I don't think Windows Phone supports OpenVPN though. Blackberry, Apple and Android yes.
    Last edited by eduncan911; 10-13-2015 at 08:20 AM.

"A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned." - Shepherd Book, Firefly

I've a VPN bundled with my Usenet , but got out of the habit of using it...slowed stuff down on my other box and old phone. I may have to give it another shot on the new phone and laptop.

Android and L. Mint 17.2

I'd say a pox on windoze, but I think windoze is a pox.

All Android and Arch here, server is Debian using KVM (I dabble in GPU computing from time to time with pass through). Two usenets overseas due to dmca.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Thanks Eric.

I'm actually looking for 1/2 x 1/2 square sticks. Easier to stack up,
    I can only imagine the number of times I'd hit my thumb with a hammer trying to "pin" the "logs" using finishing nails
    Don't nail your model together til after you go to class!

HhhawaahahhahahhhHaHaw!!!!!
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.