Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone from Colorado

LHBA Member
    Maybe after the class, you can estimate the cost of a log home built yourself, and show her how little kit home could be had for that same money.

LHBA Member
    Logho, my wife was not a big fan of the chinck'd look on the BnP homes. But with some convincing and a few trips to Carrabas, I was able to get her to agree to give it a go. She is getting more excited about it by the day, she just insists that the chinking look as good as possible and be as minimal as possible. I would bet your wife is turned off by the chinking as well. Shouldn't be anything you can't overcome with some TLC and a few promises to make it look really classy. Just don't let LHN anywhere near it and you should be fine.

Definitely take the class. You learn about some of the draw backs of the kit homes, which are not inconsequential. On top of it, I just am not a fan of the current kit home look. Most of the "logs" look like they are garden variety landscape timbers. By the time you pay extra to get bigger "logs", you are sinking real money into the project. And you still only end up with a 8x6 piece of lumber as your log. My smallest log will be around 10" at the small end. Put your hand on that and feel the mass of what your house will be made up of. Then nail a few 2x6's together and do the same thing. Just say no to landscape timber veneered stick frame houses.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey LHN, Thanks, Yeah, It could be worse. I'm not sure where Sylvania is . The SLV stands for the San Luis Valley in Co. I have 2 lots one in the mountains and one in the valley down there. Most people down there would rather be in the mountains than the valley. So the joke is kind of a SLV thing.

LHBA Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey LOHO!!Thanks so damn much! When you get to Pagosa I'll help you too!! Hey you might consider land in Costilla county. A hell of a lot cheaper than Archuleta county ( Pagosa Springs) If you need help let me know.

Hey Logho, I live in Silverton about two hours east of pagosa. Just took class last weekend but thought we could perhaps be a benefit to each other on resources in Sw Colorado!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welcome home, Silverton

I live in Denver, just starting my research on log cabins. Good luck

Blog Entries
    Read on, Don... Everyone on this site is a fanatic.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

LHBA Member
    I am hopeful to own land in the Teller county / Cripple Creek area. Hopefully closing the deal next month. Looking to link up with others to gain ideas and lessons learned on builds or help out on future builds to gain experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan from CO View Post
    Hey LOHO!!Thanks so damn much! When you get to Pagosa I'll help you too!! Hey you might consider land in Costilla county. A hell of a lot cheaper than Archuleta county ( Pagosa Springs) If you need help let me know.
    I'm in Pagosa too. I would love to get together with anyone building in this area. Didn't realize that there were so many of us down here!

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk