Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: could u pass the koolaid please?

A.Dacks, the book, My Side of the Mountain, was an early highlight/lowlight of my educational career. I got a 'B' on my first oral book report on that book in the sixth grade...and only read the back cover. That unfortunately led me down the road of least resistance and enough success with minimal effort to set the tone through high school. (College was a different story) I did read the book later though, and decades later saw Dick Pronneke's video and was hooked on the idea of a log cabin escape from the suburbs. This site and the butt and pass method solidified the dream and shows the average person that it's within their capabilities and budget to do it. The dream is down the road a ways for me, have to get rid of a chunk of debt first.
    I see myself as a fairly smart guys most times, but I didn't see the whole A.Dacks thing until Sp Sands said it. My grandparents had a cabin on Tupper Lake (Simon Pond) when I was little. That's my tie to the Adirondacks, hopefully I'll return there one day.

LHBA Member
    Welcome A. Dacks - see you on the other side.

Blog Entries
    A...DACKS.

That's cute. He'll fit right in.

LHBA Member
    why yes it would be. my parents were going for some thing original . sweet i live next door in saratoga county and will probely build in warren conty.

LHBA Member
    john w
    a bs pretty good for that. early in high school i read "someones hiding on alcatraz island" for a book report did alright nothin great. then the next year the same book was avaiable so... the report was easier and the grades better. third time didnt even touch the book aahahaha. it awsome that this method was made public in such a great way. thank skip. it really makes a dream reachable.

lhn
    iwas goin for clever but i guess cute works. i thought i could get away with it for a while but theres some sharp cookies on here.