Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morphing....

Well said! A while back I posted a similar thread titled; "Are we drifting?" I guess the beauty of the class (and whole group) template is that we are free to build as big, small, fancy, or plain as we like, but I too miss the semi-hippy days when packing peanuts went into the floor, you took off you boots so the Doug Fir floor would last longer, and we would have socio-economic discussions till two AM. Those were fun times! Mine will be fancy as my wife (the number one expense!) is holding firm on that indoor toilet thing. Right now I have a plywood box lined with a trash bag, a foam seat, and foam cover. I've come a long way from Aston Martin, (no, never did buy the Lagonda, or the Vantage) and custom tailored suits! The old diesel is reliable, and the suit was so graciously put into the washer by my son. BTW... I couldn't be happier!

G'pa
    Last edited by ChainsawGrandpa; 09-10-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    You know a persons relatives didn't like them when
    their obituary starts with the words, "Ding Dong"

Regular+ User
    Quote Originally Posted by LogLover View Post
    LHN - dude, you got a way with words!

You seriously need to put some thought into writing .... what I dunno, maybe about log homes and cabins or whatever....... you got a real gift and I truly mean that
    Cheers
    See dude - I told you you were good. Now Timberwolf is putting ya on the Wall of Fame !

Regular+ User
    Quote Originally Posted by FishingAddict View Post
    See dude - I told you you were good. Now Timberwolf is putting ya on the Wall of Fame !
    Me bad - I didn't include you hooked me enough that I sent in a registration.....yep. Going solo but that be cool. So I still have that invite now, don't I ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FishingAddict View Post
    Me bad - I didn't include you hooked me enough that I sent in a registration.....yep. Going solo but that be cool. So I still have that invite now, don't I ?
    Absolutely. So glad to hear that you are taking the plunge.

Cool bad english

LHN, I was in Seattle from 1980-2002........I heard about the class with Skip and almost took it, wish I had now, but as a single woman was a bit intimidated by attending alone, after reading your missive I wish I had.........felt like I was there,
    After you get done writing the great American novel, don't forget us
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 09-12-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: bad english

LHN that's a compliment

LHBA Member
    Presently Rock Hill SC, property in NC. Longing to get started!
    Just joined this wonderful "group" yesterday, I think. Ever notice, rare times in your life you stumble across folks you just know are GOOD PEOPLE! Of course I don't think that's chance. LHN, thank you! After scouring this forum for as much information to soak up I realize your post could have been authored by many. I need to say thank you to all of you here. I can't make November in Vegas but I will be attending a class asap. Hoping and praying it'll be the first in 2013. Thank you though to each and every one of you who share on this forum. "Pay it forward" applies here! I don't know if I've ever happened upon a group of folks who I've never actually met but already you seem like "family". Each time you share you are encouraging dreamers to get busy transforming the dreams to reality. Our entire nation needs more of the same. It's very rewarding to see people who've actually done it, stick around to help others realize they can do it too!

LHFD, Welcome to the family......you're right, the LHBA is made up of unique people that want more for their lives than chained to a 30 yr. mortagage...Take the class as soon as you can, in the meantime keep joining in on the discussions, and know your among friends......

backwards morphing desired

I'm thinking I am getting to old to morph large and build my own even if small.
    Bet if I had located this place in the '70s I'd be on #3-4 by now, even going the pokey way. Don't have the time, don't have the energy, don't have the drive anymore if I am honest with myself.
    So imagine I still will do it in some manner but by using my checkbook rather than my muscle (lack of) and my time (pretty precious at this stage in life).
    We have a few guys here who build for hire if I am recall. (?) Maybe that can be made to work or even some other way of building. I just want to morph backwards, smaller and enjoy what time remains on this silly planet

I don't make it over to this side of the forum very often. But reading LHN's post made me realize that I need to drop by more often. Thanks for posting that, Nut! Very well put. You have a delicious way with words