Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They keep getting cheaper

LHBA Member

They keep getting cheaper

Last edited by lilbluehonda; 04-08-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Ugh! Don't remind me. I definitely lost on my gamble.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

indeed, rod, but THEYRE PAID FOR.

IDK what has made the processing so cheap, but I will be buying soon (5@200 W-30VMP). I think I have to, I see far too much downside, and not much up.

-Peter

Ditto, I'm going to buy next week and store until needed.

LHBA Member
    Another incentive to purchase is the 30% Federal tax credit through 2016. http://www.dsireusa.org/incentives/i...S37F&re=1&ee=1

LHBA Member
    China has made big investments in cheap solar and other sustainable energy. That is why the prices are so low. Many thought the US would take the lead here, but we have fallen behind. I think it's possible in 5 years there won't be a single solar panel made in the usa.

Quote Originally Posted by noswar View Post
    Another incentive to purchase is the 30% Federal tax credit through 2016. http://www.dsireusa.org/incentives/i...S37F&re=1&ee=1
    does that just count "professionally installed systems" cuz screw that. I am more than competent to wire panels/batteries/charger, etc.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StressMan79 View Post
    does that just count "professionally installed systems" cuz screw that. I am more than competent to wire panels/batteries/charger, etc.
    So far I do not see the language for professional installation required for the credit. Few years ago I bought and installed energy efficient propane heaters plus one wall mounted tank-less propane hot water heater and received tax credit for those. Bet your booties if I buy some PV panels this year I'll file for the credit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    I think it's possible in 5 years there won't be a single solar panel made in the usa.
    Out of all the things we need to build our homes, how much of it is made in the US? Not much is made here anymore.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

Quote Originally Posted by StressMan79 View Post
    I Have not seen where professional installation is required for federal tax credits, but I could be wrong. The guidelines at the state level do vary though. Here is the part that really annoys me. Here in ct They have state and utility company incentives as well. In order to to qualify for these incentives. or even hook to the grid, you have to hire a special state certified solar electrician. ( there are less that 50 in the whole state). The end result is the same exact setup I can buy online to meet my needs for around $7k ends up costing $28k. Upon further investigation I find out that these guidelines were lobbied and written by Connecticut light and power. CL&P also has the exclusive contract to teach the Solar certification course. If it was a mater of safety a simple inspection could achieve that goal. My only options now are straight grid power, of completely off grid. At this point off grid is preferred. So I might be looking to buy some panels here soon.