Thread: Rustic Furniture

Rustic Furniture

Danita asked for a link to my furniture. I just moved a few of the pictures I have into a sub album. Please scroll down to the bottom and click on the link. (This is not spam everything in these pictures hs been sold.)

I work with Western Juniper mostly, but a lot of lodgeplole pine, ponderosa, and others. This is what I did for a living for about 12 years. If I get a cabin built I'll try to make some more.

The first picture is our home show booth about 10 years ago. Mostly all Juniper including beds from toddler size to King.

This is a Lodgepole Pine Burl queen size bed that I use now. Plan to put it in my cabin someday.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d%20Creations/

LHBA Member
    Wow! Your work is really stunning! If we ever finish our log home (we're some of the older folks who are taking our time building...) we'd be proud to have any one of those in our house. Hope you continue to make them even after your cabin is built!

Sarah

Blog Entries
    Hey Ron,

I was wondering how it'd look if you ran the wood through a mill and squared it up and then painted it when you was done.

Just kiddn'.... Fine looking furnishings! That appears to be a very tight fitting blind mortise and tenon joint in the next to the bottom photo.

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    Hey Ron,

I was wondering how it'd look if you ran the wood through a mill and squared it up and then painted it when you was done.

Just kiddn'.... Fine looking furnishings! That appears to be a very tight fitting blind mortise and tenon joint in the next to the bottom photo.
    Hey Thanks, Yes it's a blind mortise tenon joint. Heres a detail picture of the side rail/post joint.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful work Ron! Your original picture of the cabin is great too. Hope we get you to the members side soon and your heart heals too.

Sincerely,
    Tom

Beautiful, Ron! I have never seen juniper--that is amazing. I have always loved woodgrain of anykind but this is over the top. Thanks.

loghousenut, i see where the "nut" part of your name comes from--had me going there for a minute with the cutting and painting, etc.

Wow Ron, that looks amazing!! Why did you quit?? Among the million things I do, importing unique stuff like that to Japan is one of my specialties. If you ever get back into the business, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by chokonen888 View Post
    Wow Ron, that looks amazing!! Why did you quit?? Among the million things I do, importing unique stuff like that to Japan is one of my specialties. If you ever get back into the business, let me know!
    Thank You for your compliments, It was a combination of things that caused me to quit doing this. Mainly it was the downturn in our economy, but I was also getting burnt out on it. I did this for about 9 years full time with no employees. It's been awhile, but I'm thinking about making a few things in the spring when I can get out and get some raw material to work with.