Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: gambrel roof

Quote Originally Posted by ganschicken View Post
    I agree 100% but my biggest fear is not being able to find logs big enough to do the ridge pole. And my wife is dead set on the gambrel roof. If both could be tied together that would be great.
    Where are you located?

Do you have big white pines out there

Plenty of pines just getting my hands on some without spending a fortune. I should have access to enough to build the walls. The ridge pole may be a different story

Take the class and they will help you find what you need at a price you can swing. See my blog posts on the roof and ridge pole work to see how much fun you will have!

Thank you I will. The class will have to take a back seat for a little while. But I'm hoping to be able to go in a year or two

I agree 100% but my biggest fear is not being able to find logs big enough to do the ridge pole. And my wife is dead set on the gambrel roof. If both could be tied together that would be great.
    Why couldn't they be? Not hard to add a pair of purlins, and then you'd have your log gambrel roof!
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Maybe when I take the class I will see. Until then all I can do is plan, and pay my place off. I can't wait

I remembered that one member actually butted 2 logs together at the center ridge pole support. He had to fabricate a bracket at the joint but it looked great.
    Maybe when I take the class I will see. Until then all I can do is plan, and pay my place off. I can't wait

NE Arkansas
    Im from SE Arkansas and I have Yellow and Loblolly Pine. It is amazing how "clear" everything will seem and look after taking the class. My wife and I had to save for a year to go to class. I wish I could have accelerated that time but I am glad we went to class.