Thread: Administrivia: Regular+ user

Administrivia: Regular+ user

Hi all,

Just a bit of administrative news... If you were paying close attention, you might have noticed a new category of users popping up around the public forums, a "Regular+ User" (as opposed to the original "Regular User"). So now there are three levels of privileges on the forums: Regular User, Regular+ User, and LHBA Member.

The reason for the change is to allow for non-members to edit their profiles (for example, to add a profile picture that shows up when they post). We had to turn off profile editing for regular users due to spammers using the profile to post commercial messages. But at the same time we want to encourage everyone to add a picture and share a little about themselves.

So here's how it works: when a new user joins, he or she will be a "Regular User". After 10 days and at least 10 posts, they are automatically promoted to "Regular+ User". The only difference between the two is the ability to edit the profile. Of course becoming an LHBA member supersedes that process. Once your account is upgraded to LHBA Member, you can edit your profile regardless of how many posts you have or how long you have been on the site.

We might also manually promote users who don't meet the above criteria, but who are obviously not spammers. There is no guarantee about manual promotions though, so please don't bug us about it. It's not that hard to make 10 posts and be a member for 10 days.

If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding this change please feel free to post them here. Like everything, we might discover a big flaw and go back to the previous way of doing things.

Steve

Aw come on Steve...I wasn't that bad in class was I? Hey, don't answer that in public. Just hanging around waiting for my "member" status so I can play on the double probation super secret member side. Thanks again for a great class.

Rod and Ellen

That is a great idea Steve. It helps the super-motivated, serious-about-this, regular users who are waiting for the next class.

Amy idea as to when that "next class" might be?

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McKenzie View Post
    Amy idea as to when that "next class" might be?
    I would love to know that too. Do you think there will be one this summer? I know, I know sign up for the announcement...I did. Just asking

Administrator
    Thanks for your interest This question is best directed to LHBA staff via email.

Or check out the articles on the LHBA main site like http://www.loghomebuilders.org/when-next-class

We don't currently have any classes scheduled. We might have one sometime this Spring (maybe March). We usually do not have classes during the summer.

The email notification service is the best way to keep informed about new classes. Folks on that list get priority sign up (early notification where list members can sign up before everyone else).

I am on the email notification list and hope to attend the next class. March works for me as long as it is not during spring break where I already have a committment. I also look forward to becoming a Regular + member in the meantime.