Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2012 Log Home Class

LHBA Member
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I really wanted to come to the class with my husband, but we have two small children and nobody to watch them, so we have no other choice but to send him and have him tutor me when he comes home. We are looking forward to learning more and getting started. We have already ordered some of the books that others on the threads recommended, such as the "Building Alone" book. We'd like to learn as much as we can before we begin to cut down on frustration! :-)

Regular+ User
    Is there anyone going who would like to split the cost of a room?

Pick me, Jane, Pick me!!! I'm not going to class, but... Juuuuuuust kidding.

Regular+ User
    Well John (not Doe!), I raise an eyebrow at you.

Lol.

Checkin' in and no takers. Gonna havta book a room early next week. Bummer, but not really 'cause at least I'mma goin' to the class

Blog Entries
    It's Vegas... If what I hear is true, you won't be alone unless you want to be.

HahHHaahahha.

Wink January 2012 Class

Hi everyone. Ellen and I are hoping to make the January class in Vegas. As a field engineer I'm still trying to get the time off to attend. I have been following the LHBA for a couple of years and we are ready to bite the bullet. Very excited to move forward and start our project. Hoping to buy our land this year and begin the building process. Will keep everyone updated if we will definately make the class next month.

Shoot, we may even get married while there!!!

Rod and Ellen

Hi Jane, I will know by next week if I will be attending the class. If so, I would be happy to room with you and share the cost. I am looking for modest, affordable (yet safe) lodgings. My email is happyquilter1@hotmail.com. There is a possiblility I might be able to get a condo cheaply through my sister. I think we would be good roommates - You sound as enthusiastic as I feel, lol!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyquilter View Post
    Hi Jane, I will know by next week if I will be attending the class. If so, I would be happy to room with you and share the cost. I am looking for modest, affordable (yet safe) lodgings. My email is happyquilter1@hotmail.com. There is a possiblility I might be able to get a condo cheaply through my sister. I think we would be good roommates - You sound as enthusiastic as I feel, lol!
    It's about time... I think she was getting desperate!

PS.... Welcome aboard Ron n Ellen. I'm all in favor of marriage but it'd be a shame to do it in Vegas. Why don't you stop in at our place here in Southern Oregon and get hitched in a half finished log home. I'll round up the preacher and spring for the champagne.
    Last edited by loghousenut; 12-17-2011 at 08:47 PM.

LHBA Member

Cool Next Class

Hello Folks

I have been on here now for over a Year. I still have not been able to attend a class yet. I would like to make the Jan Class but I will be in Montana helping out my Pop. We just put in a 30 x 50 garage and living quarters on the property there. We also bought another 20 acres attached to the 40 we already have. It has been his dream to build and live there which he is doing at 63 yrs of age now. We are very happy for him. My wife and I are planning on building a couple of cabins on the property for our Family to enjoy.

But the real question, are there any classes scheduled yet after the Jan Class?

Chris

Wink January Class

Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    It's about time... I think she was getting desperate!

PS.... Welcome aboard Ron n Ellen. I'm all in favor of marriage but it'd be a shame to do it in Vegas. Why don't you stop in at our place here in Southern Oregon and get hitched in a half finished log home. I'll round up the preacher and spring for the champagne.

OK, that's a great thought. I'm pushing it to make Vegas. My boss is not real happy I'm taking 4 days when I should be in China. But looks like I'll book the class today. Very excited. Now if I can just find someone to marry us....Maybe some of our log happy friends can be a witness. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Rod