Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Building a Log Home By Myself... Is it possible?

Regular+ User
    Quote Originally Posted by loghousenut View Post
    The REAL question here is "when are we gonna be able to yak at DanBlue on the members side?".

When I do a search of "Tug Hill" on the members side of the forum I get 682,492 hits.

Not really, but I'd still like to be able to invite you to the yearly pig roast at my place, Dan.
    Thank you kindly loghousenut! I do appreciate the invite, and I would love to take you up on that. You and I would get along really well I'm sure, so thank you Sir!

I have a recent development that has kept us from pulling the trigger and buying the spots for the february class in Las Vegas..

There is a 17 acre plot right next to our existing 8.6 acres that has just gone up for sale, and I'm desperately trying to pull the money together to buy it..Even if I can pull the money together, it's going to be a bit of a challenge financially for the next few months, and I've put all our money on lock down as I try to grab this land....Nonetheless, I should know if I'll be albe to pull the additional 17 acres down within the next few weeks..If I can't get that land, I'll purchase the tickets for Vegas, and set my focus back on getting our cabin started..At least I'll have the financial freedom to get started..If I'm able to get this additional land, it will set me back about 6 months to a year I'm afraid...

Can't blame anyone for putting the class on hold for that opportunity.
    All my bad forum habits I learned from LHN

Rod Reidnauer
    Class of Apr. 9-10, 2005
    Thinking outside the vinyl sided box

Blog Entries
    Ditto... You are excused for one year, Mr. Blue.
    Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

It has been a long time Jane has been on board. From what I remember, she was interested in land in the "downstate" area, the Catskills maybe? This is such an old thread that I wasn't going to bother responding since apparently "celebrities" can be so sensitive about their carefully tended publicity. Some people shouldn't be Googling their own names.

There was another single woman right here in Syracuse who took the class but will not be building. Anne and I met a few years ago. She came out to Winterwood with pizza and I gave her a tour of the wood road in the summer rain. She told me that she made a deal for some land and planted some daffodils there but later the deal fell through or she withdrew from the purchase, I can't remember exactly. Anyway, she's moved from Syracuse, following a job north I think. And Anne, if you see this post in 3 years, please know that I made these comments with understanding and acceptance of your personal situation. You and I and every other woman (and man) in the LHBA know the truth about being challenged and needing help and we don't have to defend ourselves for that.

Regular+ User
    Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    Unless someone has a recent note from Jane Doe, I believe she has died. I was Facebook friends with her, and none of her other FB friends have heard from her in quite some time. She posted that health issues set her back again, along with pictures of a bandaged head. Her FB page has been pulled down. If she's still building, I wish her all the best, and would love to have her post on the forum.
    Yea, I just noticed this thread was started in 2011..That's sad if in fact she has passed.