Thread: Building a Log Home By Myself... Is it possible?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Jane,

I really, really enjoy working alone. That said, there are some things a fat ole man who freezes into a statue when he gets too high on a ladder can't do alone. I am fortunate to have a Son who can be buffaloed into thinking he likes being 70% of the log homebuilding team. If it weren't Jake it would be someone else doing the stuff that one person can't do alone.

Don't worry too much about it. I can't imagine a single gal with a personality so vile that she can't find a way to get some help building her own log home. If this LHBA thing turns you on it'll happen. It's kinda like a terrible drug addiction... It'll affect the rest of your life.

Take the class. You'll fit right in with this crowd.

PS... Dorothy Ainsworth didn't build a log home. She built two. Alone or with help, she made the sacrifices and changed her lifestyle however it had to be changed to make a seemingly impossible dream come true. Sure she used little dinky logs that weighed a lot less than my logs but most of them were too heavy to lift. In class you'll learn how to use your brain to lift things that are too heavy for your body to lift. That's what separates us from the lesser primates.

Regular+ User
    LMAO LBN - great chimp my man. Looks just like my BIL (ducking for cover)