Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PermaChink chinking

PermaChink chinking

On a camp 30'x30' (estimation) how much 5 gal you can use to chink it?

Some one use it?

(if not, what you use, and how much you estimate the price to chink a 30'x30' house?)

Thanks all for your answer!

Have a nice day!

http://www.bearfortlodge.com/bearfor...home-chinking/

http://www.bearfortlodge.com/ he took the lhba course
    the most important questions cannot (might not even be asked) be learned except in class!

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    On a camp 30'x30' (estimation) how much 5 gal you can use to chink it?

Some one use it?

(if not, what you use, and how much you estimate the price to chink a 30'x30' house?)

Thanks all for your answer!

Have a nice day!

Francis,

Waaaaaay more than your budget would allow. You've seen the pictures of my house? Cost to use Permachink... about 15-20 thousand dollars.
    As a whole, the LHBA system (and it is a system) of building, is simplicity at it's core, longevity at it's heart and strength throughout.

Build to your need, and....desire, and.....ability. And be secure in your decision.

http://picasaweb.google.com/parent.j...gHomeBuilding#

Its possible to know what you use and how much it cost for you beautiful house?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Its possible to know what you use and how much it cost for you beautiful house?

Thanks
    You can snoop around this side a bit, and you'll probably find more information about it. I think I remember a member saying they use mortar, like what you might use for blocks or bricks. That's just from memory; please don't go buy a some mortar until you take the class. : -)

Thank you, this is really appreciate...

Some one can confirm that mortar is a good way to chink log home?

I know (like always...) i have to take the course...

Please share your knowledge!

I'll share some knowledge with you Francis. It's been invaluable to me!! http://community.loghomebuilders.org/search.php

Quote Originally Posted by John17three View Post
    You can snoop around this side a bit, and you'll probably find more information about it. I think I remember a member saying they use mortar, like what you might use for blocks or bricks. That's just from memory; please don't go buy a some mortar until you take the class. : -)
    Hey John17three, when are YOU taking the class? seems as though you'd be a great member

Quote Originally Posted by panderson03 View Post
    Hey John17three, when are YOU taking the class? seems as though you'd be a great member
    I have a feeling that was just mere flattery! : -)

But still a good question. I'm probably taking the November class in Vegas. I've got a Missouri Walnut Council meeting to attend the weekend before, so its going to a be a full November.

I'm a little bit more encouraged to sign up after my deer scouting trip on my grandparents property (likely to inherit). Seems that we've got some straight oaks here and there that I might be able to use for logs. But yeah, hopefully soon. I'd hate to be the first guy in the association to make a loghome out of oak timber, but it'd be convenient for sure. I'll know more after this weekend, as my father-n-law is visiting. I likely sign him up, too!

Oak would be gorgeous, and for sure not many houses would would be build out of that. You might consider selling the oak and have enough $$$$ to build your house and have $$$$ left over for missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by John17three View Post
    I have a feeling that was just mere flattery! : -)

But still a good question. I'm probably taking the November class in Vegas. I've got a Missouri Walnut Council meeting to attend the weekend before, so its going to a be a full November.

I'm a little bit more encouraged to sign up after my deer scouting trip on my grandparents property (likely to inherit). Seems that we've got some straight oaks here and there that I might be able to use for logs. But yeah, hopefully soon. I'd hate to be the first guy in the association to make a loghome out of oak timber, but it'd be convenient for sure. I'll know more after this weekend, as my father-n-law is visiting. I likely sign him up, too!