Thread: What happened to the MN member question thread??

Regular+ User

What happened to the MN member question thread??

It says it "moved" - where and why?
    So much for my conversing with or trying to anyway, lol, local folks.
    Seriously - where did it get moved to and how do I find it?

very likely the administrators felt the thread was more appropriate for the members side rather than the 'open to all' side.
    seriously, take the class so you can help us on our build. we'll be starting the garage roof in a couple of weeks and hopefully start stacking logs on the cabin before snow fall this year

take the class!

Regular+ User
    knowing who's in MN is not appropriate or acceptable question?
    Holy smokes - you are making me nervous now. Maybe we disappear when we become members .... like in the Twilight Zone lol

Blog Entries
    I'm betting it's a protective thing that is well thought out. Notice we have no problems on the member's side when we post personal data. Where we are from is pretty personal for an open forum. But that's just my guess.
    edkemper

Class: Valentine's Day weekend 2009

Feel the Bern!

Regular+ User
    At this point in time whom actually owns LHBA anyway if you know?
    I read all I can and it seems to be evolving from what appeared to be kind of an open share way back when to what it appears to be to one on the "outside" today
    I will end up in class as soon as it's not held in Vegas so the look shall change. lol
    That said it sure would be nice to know of MN members and what they are doing, etc
    I cannot see how that could possible be an issue but ...... life goes on

LogLover, the problem involves non-members (haven't taken the class yet) knowing where members are. And non-members going to, and assisting, the members during their build. It's rule #28 in the terms of service.

I got caught doing the same thing when I joined.

Regular+ User
    Got it --- but don't we always see a boatload of pictures with all the non-members helping everywhere?!
    I bet in the pictures I have seen here and everywhere else on the web no more than a handfull are memebers and the rest "slave laborers" for that great grub and beer at days end. And that would mean any sub's used to do electrical, plumbing, excavating, etc ..... have to be members.
    I'm dropping it. Rule #28 will surface soon enough for me - if they shift away from that Vegas class setting. ;-)

Administrator
    Hi LogLover,

Welcome to the forums here, we appreciate your enthusiasm.

Forgive me for sounding rude, it is not intended at all, but have you read the rules yet? You can find them here. This thread is a violation of rule #22 (questions about moderator actions should be handled via email or PM instead of forum posts). That rule exists because we want to run a fun, friendly forum about log homes instead of being dragged down in a whirlpool of minutiae about how to run a forum (pretty much where this discussion is headed).

So if you are wondering about how things work here, why we move threads, why we have classes in Las Vegas, etc., please feel free to drop an email to info@loghomebuilders.org and we'll help you out.

As previously mentioned, trading labor on the forums is one of the many privileges of membership in the association, so that is done in the members section of the forums.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, as I think it has run its useful course.

Your friends,

The Mgt.