Thread: rotary hammer or demo hammer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LHBA Member
    I was just looking at the Harbor Freight web page and they don't have any demo hammers listed anymore but there are two used ones on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluehonda View Post
    I was just looking at the Harbor Freight web page and they don't have any demo hammers listed anymore but there are two used ones on Ebay
    Amazon had them, fairly reasonable, the big names like De Walt etc are pricey. But there is a few harbor freight grade ones I would consider. In fact, I have one in my cart.
    Look under demolition or jackhammer

I think a good one for 200-300 mark, they have them for 100-150, not sure I'd trust them.
    Last edited by DoubleJRanch; 03-23-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    Rick

The Double J Ranch & Timber Farm
    "Ride for the Brand"-- its the code of the west.

LHBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJRanch View Post
    Amazon had them, fairly reasonable, the big names like De Walt etc are pricey. But there is a few harbor freight grade ones I would consider. In fact, I have one in my cart.
    Look under demolition or jackhammer

I think a good one for 200-300 mark, they have them for 100-150, not sure I'd trust them.
    I bought one of the $150.00 demo hammers now years ago off Amazon. Came with 2-bits, also bought the spade bit. Took the advise from others to remove all screws, coat the threads with lock tight and tor-ck em tight. Did that. Also recommended replacing the electrical cord, did not do that no problems with the cord or the hammer. Got plenty of use out of the spade bit for all kinds of digging assistance. Concrete demo's a bunch of that. Cut the point off of one bit, attached hydraulic hose to the end of the bit to drive rebar pins into the beams for a modest post and beam addition add-on. Never had a performance problem with it. It gets a-lot of use and still in service. It was a gamble buying it as with most purchases it is a decision and budget constraints to boggle ones mind with.