Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get into the member's section

Administrator

How to get into the member's section

If you are a member of The Log Home Builder's Association of North America (meaning you have taken one of our classes) you can get into the member's area just by asking. Please wait until after you have attended a class until you proceed with the steps below.

IF YOU ATTENDED AN IN-PERSON CLASS:

To get access to the members area:
    1. Sign up for a forum account if you haven't already done so. You can do that here.
    2. If you sign up for a new account, the forum will send you an email. Click the link in your email to activate your account.
    3. Make sure you are logged into your forum account
    4. Follow this link and fill out the form: Access Request Form
    5. Click Submit at the bottom
    All access requests are processed manually, so sometimes it will be a few days before you are approved for access to the members forum.

If you get an error when you follow the link above, it means you aren't logged into a fully-activated user account. Check your email and click the activation link first. If you signed up for a forum account but never received an email, you should check your spam folder for an email from us.

IF YOU ATTENDED OUR ONLINE CLASS:

1. Watch the video located here and follow the instructions

After you submit an access request, we may email you for additional documentation of your status as a member of the association. For instance, you may be asked to email in a picture of your membership card, so don't lose your card!

It would be very helpful if you would use the access request feature shortly after attending the class. If you wait till sometime next decade to send in an access request, then researching your membership status can take a very long time.

As always, feel free to email us (info at lhba.com) if you need assistance with this process.
    Last edited by Steve; 06-13-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Thanks for your help...

Best regards,

PW

Regular+ User
    Thank you for allowing me to use this forum to help me in the construction of my Dream Log Home. It gives me access to Great Persons with the same drive and love of life I have. Keep up the good work to all concerned. Neil

LHBA Member
    I am a member but have never been able to get on the members side of this site. I've tried. Help? Class of March 2013 Las Vegas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2logdogs View Post
    I am a member but have never been able to get on the members side of this site. I've tried. Help? Class of March 2013 Las Vegas.
    2LG, You'll get into the members section after the class.

Da... I'm still writing 2013 on my checks.... and should never respond until after my 1st cup of coffee. See you on the members side soon 2LG!
    Last edited by Tom Featherstone; 02-10-2014 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Da?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 2logdogs View Post
    2logdogs: Have you followed step 4 above? We don't seem to have an upgrade request form for your account. That's the place to start.

Isn't this Skip guy from Monroe WA? I live about 30 miles from Monroe and just curious. Thanks anyone who knows if I'm right about that. I thought he gave classes in Monroe WA in the old days.

Looks like I was right, but further research shows he passed away in 2008, so I am sorry I was unaware of his passing and that must be why they are doing the classes in Las Vegas now. I have heard about him from old timers in the Seattle area and I am pretty sure he was out in Monroe. Maybe he sold off all the log cabin stuff out there? Is there any classes still in Monroe or in the Seattle area? Thanks, and sorry to read about his passing in 2008.

Blog Entries
    Mr. John,

Things have changed as much as they have stayed the same. I first learned about Skip's class from a flier nailed up at the auction barn in Snohomish, back in the early 80's when I lived in Sultan. Same outfit now but Skip is but a heartfelt legacy.

The LHBA of today is more worldwide that the old LHBANA of yesterday. Same time-trued teachings and same two-day course with a lifetime membership, but more user friendly to long distance members. The class is usually held someplace that is easy to jet into, like Vegas. Then, instead of a monthly meeting, there is the member's side of this forum. That's what really get's the job done. The system works. Tell your friends.

Oh, by the way... I took the class from Skip, as did my Wife. It changed our lives and now, after all these years I am still getting help, knowledge, and encouragement from members close and far. There's a lot of Skip here at our place in southern Oregon.

Every time I have strayed from the teachings of Skip Ellsworth it has cost me money.

I love the mask mandate. I hardly ever have to bruh my teeth anymore.

I followed the link to get onto the members forum but have not yet received a confirmation email...it's probably been a week. I took Skip's class in Monroe, WA, in 1999 with my husband...think it was the first half of the year because we broke ground on our log home that fall. Would appreciate any assistance to be able to get on the member's forum. Thanks!