Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Februrary Class sound off

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LHBA Member

New Februrary Class sound off

looks like the other thread is incognito for the time being, so here is a new one. If you are attending the Feb class post your details here.

My name is Rob Hollett I have been lurking here for a few years and finally have it worked out to attend class. While I would have loved to attend the original class in Skips imprego ssive place or even at Wallace Falls Lodge I am very happy to be attending the Vegas class. About me, I live in Nashville with my Family(Wife and 3 kids) and have wanted to build a log home for the past 15 years, however i was scared off after some research into kit homes. Luckily i found the LHBA. I wish i had found the LHBA 15 years ago. I cannot wait to go to Class and become a full fledged member of the LHBA.

I am interested in Log Homes, Homesteading, Hiking and Camping, Blacksmithing, most outdoors activities, Martial Arts and Skateboarding. WE have been travelling to Washington on vacation the last few years and now I am looking for property in Washington, I had my heart set on Index area but with their flooding issues I am still looking other places too. I would love to visit any LHBA'ers in the Mid south and help out peeling logs or see the fruits of your labor.

So if you are going to the Feb class sound off here, at least until the other thread finds its way back.

LHBA Member
    howdy Rob : )

once you take the class if you find yourself out my way ( louisville Ky ) get in touch..id be happy to show you ( or any other new members ) what weve been building. we are kicking off another this spring.

Rusty-

LHBA Member
    That sounds good! Louisville is just a hop and a skip

Hello Rob, LHBA Staff and everyone on this great forum. I will be in sin city for the February 19/20 class. Fortunately we will all be tied up for 2 full days to keep us out of trouble! I own an acre lot in a mountain subdivision near Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado which I bought in 2009. Sincerely appreciate all the great information there is to read here and the beautiful pictures of those presently under construction. Looking forward to continuing to see them as construction continues to the finish of your dream. My best to all!

DANE

Hey Rob,
    We are just outside of Nashville and hope to get logs soon. If everything pans out, we would love to have you out to peel some logs this spring! We have the same interests, minus the blacksmithing (although it is something I would love to learn one day). Enjoy the class. It is a life changing experience. Hit us up on the members side when you get there.
    Rachel
    Dave and Rachel
    http://makingthebestlife.blogspot.com/
    "People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours." -Anonymous

LHBA Member
    Pinewood, Thats a beautiful area, we've been out that way several times we always stayed in Big Thompson Canyon love watching those Dahl Sheep climbing up and down the steep canyon walls.

drmnoflogs, I would love to come peel some logs with you guys, if your interested in Blacksmithing there a couple of guilds nearby where you could take classes for about 20.00 a year. I got started out at the wilson county fairgrounds.

I look forward to meeting my class mates in a few weeks.

I tell you what, I now evaluate every pine tree I pass....how tall, straight, taper, how many limbs etc...I got the fever!

Class

Hi everyone !!
    Tha class in Vegas was great !!! I learned so much . The first log home i wanted to build was Sn. Chinkless but after the class . or should I say, after the first few hours of the class , I knew I was going to build a butt and pass. All my first impressions of log home building were way off . All I can say is TAKE THE CLASS!!!! It's worth every penny .

I have a half acre of land overlooking Lake Livingston in Texas that I want to build on. The problem I'm facing is that its not a whole lot of room to work with . So lots of planning before I get started . Anyone have any pointer on working with limited space ?

Hey Dan Spencer.
    try searching 'choosing the right land'.

February Class
    My name is Mark and I will also be attending next month’s class. I have been browsing around the LHBA web site for a few months now and have been intrigued by the B&P method.
    Hopefully after taking the class I will be 100% convince this is the way to go. I’ve looked at all of the documentation on the web site at least three times already and can't wait to get on the member side!!
    I live in Michigan with my wife and three kids; it’s a great place to hunt, fish, camp and backpack.

See you on the other side

Mark, aka Bowhunter

Thanks for the help, but I purchased the land 10 years ago. Still , I like the view and the setting so I'll fitgure out something . Again , thanks for the help !! God bless