Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official thread for discussion about the new forum, comments, bug reports, etc

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    I can now click on settings to get to the profile editing feature but when I select any of the links I get the following:

"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
    2. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
    Hi Bowhunter,

Yes, this is the correct behavior (for now). Non-LHBA members do not have permission to edit their profiles on purpose, in order to reduce spam on the forums. Surprisingly, most spammers these days just want a link back to their website, so they create an account, add a link in their profile, and move on.

We're new to vBulletin, so to be on the conservative side we have the settings a little restrictive at the moment. We might loosen things up a bit as we learn and grow into our new forum.

Testing my seeting changes - should have a new signature and avatar
    Yoopers Pat
    "The joy is in the journey - not the destination" - at least that is what I keep telling myself!

nothing happens when I hit reply to this thread.... quick reply seems to be working fine
    Yoopers Pat
    "The joy is in the journey - not the destination" - at least that is what I keep telling myself!

Administrator

How to set your forum time correctly

Quote Originally Posted by rocklock View Post
    The time is still wacko...
    Hi Dave,

The forum server runs on GMT time. You can configure your account to show the correct local time by:

1. Click "Settings" in the top-right corner.
    2. Then click "General Settings" on the left.
    3. Scroll down near the bottom and pick your time zone from the Time Zone box.

Hope that helps

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Upers View Post
    nothing happens when I hit reply to this thread.... quick reply seems to be working fine
    Hi Pat,

When you click the blue "Reply to thread" icon (underneath all the posts) all it does is put your cursor into the "Quick Reply" box. In other words, it doesn't really do much, but that is on purpose.

If you want to see the full editor, click the "Go Advanced" button.

Administrator
    I'd like to say thanks to everyone for your patience, and for all the assistance in finding bugs. While it might seem like a turtle race, we are making daily progress. Here's a few things that should be working now:

The PM system should be fully functional. You can send PMs by clicking on anyone's user name next to a post they have made. A little drop down menu will appear, just select 'private message.' You can also send a PM by going to a user's profile page, and you can search for a specific user's profile by using the advanced search feature.

The photo album feature should be working. To create your own photo albums go to "My Profile," then scroll down a bit and look on the left for the "Add Albums" option. It's fairly easy to use, and it allows for batch uploading which is convenient.

Regarding the missing OPs, we're taking another run at that issue tonight. We're pretty sure we figured out a viable solution, but it will mean the forum is going to be offline for a little while later tonight.

Hey everybody,

It looks like we have fixed all the "major" bugs. Yay!

We had the forums down for a few hours overnight and it looks like all the first posts are back, and the "Started by" links are giving the right people the credit. Those were the last two big bugs.

As Mr. E mentioned, the private messaging system is now online. You can add photo albums to your profile (LHBA members only). Signatures work great too!

If you notice anything else broken, please continue to post reports here. Thanks everyone for your patience!

-Steve

Regular+ User
    This is the message I get when I try and edit anything on my own profile.

54darock, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Regular+ User
    Disregard above thread, I just read thread explaining way I'm having no success with editing profile.

LHBA Member
    Some links don't seem to be working. I tried to follow a few links in DVB's "Finally Getting Started" thread and got nowhere. Also tried following links from the last page of the member websites thread and got nowhere. Some links work just fine, the links Ellsworth posted at the beginning of the member websites thread work fine.